It Only Takes Once (Chapter 38)

Khadarious POV:

"What's wrong with her?" Shakayln asked looking up at me for answers with tears in her eyes. "Why isn't she crying?"

"I don't know babe but I'm sure she's fine." I said leaning down to kiss her forehead.

"Okay Shakayln I'm going to need you to give me one more big push to deliver the afterbirth." Dr. Ross said tapping Shakayln's thigh and breaking her out of her thoughts.

"Where's my daughter?" She asked looking around.

"They just took her down to the neonatal unit. She's fine." Dr. Ross replied positioning herself.

"They wouldn't have taken her down there if she was fine, what's wrong with her?" Shakayla asked.

"She's just having a little difficulty breathing. She's fine." Dr. Ross said nonchalantly making me look at her like she was stupid.

"What the fuck?" I yelled. "A little difficultly breathing."

"K.D calm down man." Devin said patting my back. "Be strong for your lady." He said gesturing to Shakayln who was bawling like a damn baby.

I sighed before bending down to kiss her tears away. I whispered reassurance in her ear and encouraged her to give that one last push to deliver the placenta.

They stitched her all up before cleaning her up and I had to hold her hand while she bit my damn wrist because she was screaming like hell.

I'm glad that was all that needed to be done for this delivery. Shit was nasty as hell to watch. My Granny talking about how childbirth was beautiful, hell naw. That shit was disgusting, I don't even know if I wanna have sex ever again.

"Here he is." The nurse said placing my son in Shakayln's arms. I smiled to myself as I watched her face light up when his stuck his tongue out and yawned. I watched as the two of them interacted for a while before Shakayln finally asked if I wanted to hold him.

No lie I was nervous as hell to hold him, he was so damn little. My hands and fingers were shaking and I was so scared to drop him.

"Come here." Shakayln said patting the bed with her free hand. "Calm down, he's fine." She whispered as she placed him in my arms.

I teared up a little looking down at my mini me. He definitely had my nose and his mother's cheeks and mouth, but surprisingly he had Pops big ass ears.

"He looks like you." Shakayln whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I asked whispering back.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "I just always see them whisper after a baby is born on those baby shows."

I didn't even respond, I just looked at her upside her head as if she was stupid. I worry about my baby sometimes, I know she's educated, but she has absolutely no common sense whatsoever and she's goofy as fuck. Bless her heart.

"You think she'll be okay?" She asked looking up at me.

"Who?" I asked wrinkling my face.

"Khylan, dummy." She said giving me a look.

"Oh." I chuckled. "Yeah, she's a fighter like her Daddy. She'll be fine babe." I reassured her.

"It's all my fault." She sighed.

"No it's not Shakayln." I argued.

"It is." She whined. "I just knew I shouldn't have kept having sex with you. Khadarious we had sex up until the day they were born."

"Baby that has nothing to do with Khylan's condition." I said trying not to laugh at her.

"How do you know?" She asked looking at me while touching our son's fingers.