It Only Takes Once (Chapter 12)

Okay just clearing this up; Shakayln and Khadarious are NOT married yet. Yes she did refer to him as her 'husband' in the last chapter but they are NOT married. Also Shakayln is almost FOUR months pregnant.

"Baby when are you coming home?" I whined into the phone. I was on my way home from shopping with my sisters when Khadarious called me. He's been in Mexico for eight days, he calls me every chance he gets and we Facetime every night before bed.

"Give me three days and I'll be home I promise" He said making me roll my eyes. "You miss daddy?" He asked making me grin

"Yeah" I said pulling into the gates of our house and waving at the guard before driving up the hill.

"I miss you too lil mama, I'll be home soon" He said as I was getting out of the car and walking into the house.

"You better nigga, I'm lonely and I have nothing to do; I'm on vacation for two weeks, my sisters have lives of their own, Ma is at work, I don't wanna keep pestering your Granny, Princess Beyonce sleeps all day, I'm horny as fuck, and I'm hormonal. I miss you Khadarious" I said crying

"Baby don't cry, please don't cry. I'll be home before you know it okay" He said trying to calm me down

"You promise?" I asked sniffling into the phone.

"I promise baby, now go get some sleep. I know your ass is tired from spending all my damn money" He said laughing.

"Shut up, I didn't spend that much" I said climbing the stairs that led to our bedroom.

"How much you spend Shakayln, I know yo ass can shop" He said after smacking his lips

"I swear I didn't spend that much. I just got my nails and toes done and I got my hair and eyebrows done. Then I just bought a couple pairs of shoes and a purse. I bought you, Ma, and Granny some stuff too. I was going to take it over there after my nap but I just invited them over here instead" I said yawning

"So that was what, at least half a mill?" He asked

"No, just a couple thousand" I said stripping out of my clothes and climbing on his side of the bed.

"I'm just messing with ya babe" He said as I pulled the covers up to my chin. "You can have whatever you like" He sang making me laugh

"Okay I'm going to sleep bye" I said and just before I hung up the phone I heard him tell me he loved me.

I had to be up in two hours so I had enough time to cook dinner for Aunt Charmaine and Granny since they were coming over to keep me company.

"Hey baby, how you doing" Aunt Charmaine said coming into the house with Granny following close behind with a dish in her hands.

"Hey Ma" I said giving her a quick hug before hugging Granny's shoulders and taking the pot from her. "I'm good, how are ya'll?" I asked before ushering them into the house.

"We're good, happy to see you" Aunt Charmaine said smiling before rubbing my belly.

"Aw thank you, well dinner is ready so we can either eat in the dining room or the kitchen." I said taking the pot of black eyed peas into the kitchen. I've been craving Khadarious's black eyed peas for the longest and since he's in Mexico I asked Granny to make them for me.

"We can eat in the kitchen dear, do you need any help" Granny said following me into the kitchen.

"No I think I got it I'll be in with the food in a minute" I said shooing her out of the way and to the other side of the kitchen.

For tonight's dinner I cooked steaks, loaded baked potatoes, ceasar salad, steamed broccoli, and a turtle cheese cake.

I placed their plates in front of them and went to the counter to open the bottle of wine for them. After it was opened I poured them each a glass of red wine and a glass of water. When they were situated I made myself a plate and got myself a glass of water before Granny said grace over the food.