14.

"Come to see the show?" Draco laughs, gesturing towards Buckbeak. "Father said he never stood a chance." I shake my head in a warning to get him to stop, but my dear idiot friend doesn't catch the hint. Hermione breaks free from Ron's grasp, stomping furiously towards him.

"You're a fowl, loathsome, evil little cockroach!"

"Hermione, he isn't worth it," Ron tries, causing her to stop and turn back to us. Draco begins to laugh, along with Crabbe and Goyle. I tried to warn him. Her face becomes read again, and before any of us can comprehend it, her fist makes contact with his face.

Draco doubles back, blood already pouring from his face. Sighing, I rush over to his aid as the minions are of absolutely no help. Shooing Harry away, the begin the descent down the hill, Ron praising Hermione repeatedly. Grabbing his face, it's evident she threw an amazing punch. A bruise is forming across his cheek, and his nose must at least have some form of a fracture.

"It's like you enjoy provoking people," I mutter, his eyes glaring at me as I giggle. Dabbing at the blood lightly, I pull back and sigh. "Go to madame Pomfrey, we'll talk later."

"In case you didn't notice, your friends aren't fond of me," He states, pushing off from the rock.

"Last I checked, you weren't trying to be buddies with them either."

"Touche." Rolling my eyes, Draco asks the two for help to the castle, leaving me to rush down back to Harry's side. As we get further away from the castle, the wind picks up significantly.

"Why do I have to tag along to witness such a dreadful sight?" I complain, following the trio down the steps to Hagrid's hut.

    "Because I'm going to be stuck third wheeling when Hermione needs someone to lean on," Harry replies lowly, causing me to laugh.

    "Fair enough. I feel horrible for Hagrid, though. Draco's dramatics really do get out of hand." Apparently after I was done with Buckbeak, Draco chose to make a scene with the poor creature, resulting in a scratch and a death sentence hanging over his head. Hagrid's animal is to be executed today, something we are all dreading.

    "He's your friend, not mine," Harry states, still not happy with the arrangement.

    "I'm a Slytherin, contrary to belief I can't hang around with other houses all the time."

    Inside Hagrid's home, the poor man is a complete mess. He moves in a frazzled manner, every once in awhile looking over at Buckbeak wistfully. Even Fang seems to be just as heartbroken, not once jumping up to greet us or to chew on his bone.

    "They will be here any moment," Hagrid mutters, bumping into everything. Rushing over, I hug him as much as I possibly can, causing him to pause for a moment and collect himself. "Thank you, Lanae."

    A knock on the door interrupts us, at the same time Harry complains about some strange rock hitting his head. We rush out the back door, as Dumbledore's voice barely reaches our ears. Tripping over pumpkins and weeds, my hand grasps Harry's jacket to keep balance, inevitably causing me to land on his lap. He holds back a laugh, pushing me up but keeping me close to him as we squat behind some unnaturally large vegetables.

As the executioner is the last to enter the small hut, Hermione gestures over the escape path. She and Ron both crouch, rushing over to the stairs on the hill. Grabbing Harry's hand, I glance once more at Buckbeak before he drags me along in their path. Once more, we stand closer to the castle, looking down as the hippogriff lies patiently, unknowing of his fate.

"He's coming," Ron states, the man with a large machete type thing hanging over his shoulder. The sudden scenario sinks in, causing bile to rise in my throat. Turning around to Harry, I shake my head lightly and he pulls me in his grasp. One hand around my waist and the other smoothing out my hair, which gently pushes me into the crook of his neck. I try to block everything out and instead focus on his scent.