Chapter 25

A/N I love you guys so much. Comment something interesting about you!

Chapter 25

“Ed, where are we going?”

“Shh.”

“Ed! Tell meeeee,” I whined. He looked at me and shook his head, smiling. If he had told me we were walking, I would’ve worn sneakers. Ed carried my heels as I ran barefoot for now.

He made us use the back exit of the hotel so nobody would see us. We then RAN THROUGH THE WOODS until we got to the other side of the town. As much as my feet hurt, I was loving the feeling. That feeling you get when you’re sneaking around…as if you’ll get in trouble if you’re caught. It made me feel like I was back in high school, skipping classes to meet a boy.

We ran for a while.  When I say run, I mean run. 30 minutes of running and stopping behind buildings to breathe, then more woods. I stopped short.

“Ed. If you think I’m going in there, you’re insane.” He looked at me and made a sad face.

“What if I hold your hand?”

“Ed. Where are you taking me? I’m starting to think you’re trying to kill me.” He smiled and held his hand out for me to hold.

“I’m not trying to kill you.” I rolled my eyes and smiled, taking his hand.

He pulled me through the woods, which turned out to be pretty small. When we got out, our location surprised me.

“A train station?! Is this it?” he laughed and grabbed my hand again, pulling me towards the train. I knew the last train had already left hours ago, so what were we doing here?

We had been on the train for 2 hours now. The train was empty, and none of the employees even came out. They didn’t say where we were going, and Ed only sat there with a stupid smile on his face. When someone finally came out to tell us we were about 10 minutes away, Ed pulled out a blindfold.

“Seriously?” I groaned. He just smiled and nodded before tying it around my head. I ended up falling asleep on Ed’s shoulder for the last few minutes.

When we got there, Ed shook me awake and helped me up. He put his hands on my shoulders and led me to wherever we were going. I heard him open a car door and my mood instantly lightened. We drove for about 20 minutes before coming to a complete stop. He got me out and we started walking again. Off the pavement, onto the grass.

“Okay. We’re here. Now sit down.” I sat down onto what I knew immediately was a swing. A swing…

I ripped off the blindfold and looked around. I suddenly remembered the night clearly…the night I fell for Ed. We were at this exact park. He was pushing me on this exact swing. I looked up at Ed before attacking him in a hug. “I love you so much,” I breathed into his jacket.

We laid under the stars as we did way back in the summer. We didn’t talk that much, just laid there. Every once and a while, one of us would bring up a memory we had together, making us laugh or smile. Then I felt a drop. We both turned our heads and looked at each other at the same time and BAM—it started pouring. I jumped up and squealed and we both laughed and danced.

“Taylor..” Ed said, out of breath. He took my hands and kissed them. He looked straight at me.

“Remember the summer I met you? We were instant friends. We were with each other more than we were alone. Every single day was a blast. We wrote our first song that summer, and had more writing sessions than I could take.” I laughed and kissed him.

“Wait, I’m not done. Remember the constant sleepovers we had? You looked so cute in my clothes. We never did anything as much as kiss. We were just friends. We probably played over a hundred games of Monopoly that summer. Our movie nights were my favorite, though. Cuddled up on the couch with some blankets, keeping each other warm in my freezing house. But it was all innocent. All we needed was each other. We didn’t need a group of people to have fun. I’ve never had that before… a best friend. That day before I left for my tour, we came here. We laid under the stars next to each other. That was when I fell in love with you. That’s why I took you here.”

I remembered it well. I smiled at our memories. “Are you actually going anywhere with this?” I asked him, jokingly.

“I remember looking at you, dancing in the rain with a big smile on your face. I looked at you and knew that I would marry you one day.” He pulled a small black box out of his pocket and got down on one knee. My hand flew to my mouth and I immediately started crying.

“Taylor Alison Swift, will you marry me?”