Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I walked hand in hand with Ed down the hallway to the elevator. When we got to the lobby he let go. Who knows how people would react if they knew we were together?

Right now we’re on our way to Ed’s concert. I get to sit in the front row and watch! I’m really excited to see him in concert!

We got in the car and he took my hand once again. Every time he touches me I still feel butterflies in my stomach.

“I’m so excited, Ed! I’ve never seen you in concert!”

“Yeah, I am too.” He said. He didn’t sound like he meant it, though. He sounded angry almost. I tried again, just to make conversation.

“What are you going to sing? Anything new?”

“Erm…no.”

Okay, I give up. I took my hand out of his and acted like I was just scratching my face, but I put it in my lap after. He reached for it once again, but I didn’t let him take it. He gave me a sad look.

“What’s wrong, Ed? You seem…down.”

He sighed, and pulled over. “I’m sorry, Tay. I’m just really nervous.” He put his head in his hands.

“Nervous? But why?”

“This is the town where my ex lives…”

“Oh.” Is all I said.

He cupped my face in his hand and kissed me gently.

“Nothing’s going to happen. I love you. You’re mine and I’m yours.” He told me. He took my hand again and drove off.

It’s just like the song, Everything Has Changed. ‘All I know is you held the door, you’ll me mine and I’ll be yours.’ It’s funny how just a second can change your life forever. I remember that day in the rain, when we were still just best friends. I looked at him and a second later I knew I loved him. I’m one lucky girl.

-

-

We got to the concert a few minutes later. We went unnoticed until we got backstage. I walked into Ed’s dressing room with him and shut the door behind me. Ed grabbed his guitar and patted the spot next to him. I sat down and watched as he strummed a few chords. He sang the first few words to ‘Give Me Love’ and I joined him. We joked around and sang until it was time for him to go on. I hugged him and wished him luck before going to find my seat.

-

A few minutes later, I found my seat in the middle of the front row. Some girls screamed and asked for my autograph, while others glared at me. My seat was next to a younger looking girl with brown hair and green eyes. She was really pretty. Tears formed in her eyes and she threw her arms around me when I got closer. “Oh my goodness, you are so sweet!” I told her. “What’s your name?”

“I-I’m Nicole. You and Ed are pretty much the reason why I’m still here. I’m coming to see you for the Red tour! I cannot even believe this is happening!” She said, excitedly.

Now, it was my turn to cry. A tear fell down my cheek as I enveloped her in another hug. “You’re too amazing. How old are you, Nicole?”

“I’m 13! In grade 8!” I laughed at her song references. We talked for about 10 minutes before the curtain opened. I learned a lot about her, and I really enjoyed talking to her.

I stood up and cheered while Nicole screamed next to me. Ed walked out with his guitar and loop pedal and went right into ‘Give Me Love’. I sang along and just enjoyed watching him. He looked so focused and happy with what he was doing. He finished the song and everyone cheered.