Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I woke up to the sound of thunder outside. Ed stirred in his sleep. He’s so cute.

I looked at the alarm clock-3:00. I still had a few hours of sleep, but I knew it was gonna take some time to get back to sleep. Meredith jumped on the bed. She hates thunder. She walked over and laid between me and Ed. He sat up a second later.

“Hey. Why are you awake?” he asked, leaning over to kiss my cheek. Then we heard more thunder, louder this time. Before I could answer, we heard a loud crack from outside. I screamed, and Ed grabbed my hand. He picked up Meredith with his other hand. The noise got louder, then there was a crash. The lights flickered, and then the power went out.

My head was buried in Ed’s chest. He kept calm, but I could feel his heart beating faster than normal. He got up and walked to the window. He looked out and let out a sigh.

“It’s alright, it was just a tree. Must’ve been hit by lightning.” I calmed down.

“Ed, we should find flashlights. Do you have your phone on you? Mine’s downstairs.”

He nodded and we used the light from his phone as a flashlight. I clung onto his hand and walked behind him. He opened a closet door and pulled out a few lanterns. We brought them into the living room. I quickly had an idea, and brought in two chairs, a phonebook, and the lanterns. I made a fort by putting the blanket on the chairs, and I put the lanterns on top of the book for light. I ran and got paper and markers, along with two ice pops. Cherry for Ed, blue raspberry for me. I gave Ed his ice pop and pulled him into the fort. He was laughing and shaking his head. I smiled.

“Taylor, I used to do this when I was just a little kid!” he said.

“Do you not like it?”

“No, that’s a good thing! I love it!”

That’s the thing about me and Ed. We both have minds of 7 year olds.

Here we sit. 3:00 in the morning, no power, eating ice pops and coloring in a fort made of blankets.

“I’m gonna draw you, make a pose!” he told me. I walked out of the fort and placed my arms out like a bird, while I balanced one foot in the air. After about five minutes he told me he was finished. I walked over to him and looked at the picture. I immediately started laughing to the point where there were tears.

“Ed this is amaaaazingggggggg.” I said, keeping in a laugh. It seriously looked like a kindergartener drew it. Off to the side it said my name with a heart under it. Aww.

“Ed…why are my lips blue?”

“Because they are!” he answered. I took a lantern and ran to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and started laughing immediately. The ice pop turned my lips blue. Ed appeared next to me a second later, also laughing. “It looks like I’m wearing lipstick!” He said. I laughed. We walked back to the fort, grabbing pillows from the closet on the way. We threw them in the fort for later.

I turned on my iPod on shuffle. ‘Chasing Cars’ was the first song that played.

(   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaKr98ktoxU   )

Ed held his hand out to me. I looked up at him and took it. We danced in rhythm to the song, and he spun me around the room. I rested my head on his chest, and I heard his steady heartbeat as he rocked me back and forth. His hands made their way to the bottom of my shirt. His hand touched my bare skin giving me chills. I felt his hands move so they were on my bare hips. I took the bottom of his shirt in my hands and lifted it over his head. My heart was beating fast. This boy just takes my breath away.

I rested my head on his now bare chest. I kissed his chest and left a trail of kisses up to his neck, where he let out a low moan. He rubbed my back and my hands made their way to his hair. I tangled my hands in his orange messy hair. He finally picked me up and laid me on the floor in the fort. He straddled my waist and hovered above me, staring into my eyes. He brushed a piece of hair out of my eyes.

“You’re so beautiful…” he whispered. He sat next to me on the floor. My arms wrapped around his waist, and he cupped my face in his hands, his forehead against mine. He brushed his lips against mine.

“I love you.” he breathed against my lips. Then he leaned in and kissed me. His warm, soft lips in perfect  sync with mine.

He pulled away after a bit and just stared at me. He laid his head on a pillow and pulled me into his chest. He twirled my hair in his fingers for a few seconds before kissing the top of my hair and whispering, “goodnight, love.”

“Everything really has changed.” I said. “For the better.”

“I couldn’t agree more, Taylor. I couldn’t agree more.”

And his heartbeat put me to sleep.

_______________________________________________

(I HAVE HORRIBLE WRITERS BLOCK RIGHT ABOUT NOW JUST SAYIN)

Guess what. I love you. My fellow Sweerios.