Letting Go

You got ready to go see Percy.You didn't really want to see him,but you did want to see what he wanted.So with your want for answers in mind,you changed to a (favorite color) dress and matching converses.You grabbed your phone and left.Your aunt was at work so you had to walk a good amount.Having a twenty minute journey ahead left you to think about all the possible things he could say.

'What if he's just going to tell you about how he wants you to leave him alone again?Or maybe he's gonna tell me again that it's all my fault.'you thought as you walked towards the cafe.

'He probably is just gonna yell at me again...cuss me out and tell mean out how angry he is.'you walked in the cafe and scanned around the table for Percy.Finally after a few minutes of. Looking you found him sitting in a booth.Hesitantly you walked up to his table and sat down opposite of him.His head was laying on the table and from his lack of movement,you assumed he hadn't noticed you.It wasn't until a loud snore disturbed the quiet atmosphere did you realize that he asleep.You rolled your eyes and grabbed a glass of water that he must've ordered,dumping it on him.He immediate woke up and spit water out of his mouth.Wow,that was the second time you've drenched someone in a drink this trip,except last time it was on a person you didn't want to strangle.

Once he fin shed wiping his face off he looked at you.A small smile crept on his lips before quickly fading.He cleared his throat,"Uh...um sorry.Thanks for coming Y/n."

You sighed,"Whatever Jackson.You have ten minutes because I'm tired and unlike you,I want to sleep in my own home."

He quickly nodded,"O-okay...well uh..."he suddenly stopped,like his whole train of thought just disappeared.He remained quiet for a second,his face showing clear frustration as he(what you assumed) collected his thoughts into words.

"Nine minutes,"you pointed out and he blinked quickly,looking at your eyes.

"R-right..."he took a deep breathe.You noticed how his knuckles began turning that pale white color as he tightly clutched his hands around his water glass."I'm sorry."he said.

Well...that wasn't what you expected.

"I screwed up so bad"he continued.

"No shit"you muttered and his face got darker,like he was in pain.

"I meant to say goodbye...I did but I got the date wrong.I came by your house a week later to tell you what I should have said the first day I realized Au had feelings for my best friend."his eyes fell to the table,"I couldn't face what I had done.I couldn't text you because I didn't deserve your friendship after just leaving you the last week you were around because I couldn't grow up and tell you how I felt.I met Annabeth a year after when my dad's business made us move...she came to Greece this year with me,I guess that's when you met her.When I first saw you at the restaurant,after all those years....after all those years of trying to get over you,I couldn't look at you the same way.I didn't deserve to after abandoning you like I did.I thought if I pushed you away...then we would never get close again and I could never hurt you again.But I ended up doing what I feared and tore you away from me by harming you.Im sorry Y/n,and I don't expect you to forgive me or want me back...I just wanted you to know why I did what I did and how I feel about it."he finished,his eyes still held on the table top.

You stared at him in utter shock.You could grip what he was saying and all you ended up asking was"What did you feel?"

"W-what?"he asked,his eyes moving to meet yours.

"You said you couldn't tell me how you felt all those years ago...what did you feel?"you repeated.

"I felt madly in love with you...I always have and...I still do."he answered,his voice quiet.

You sat there,like a statue,trying to process everything.Trying to use his explanation as the missing answers to the questions you used to ask yourself like why he left and if he cared.He not only cared because he was your friend,he cared because he loved you.But yet,after hearing that the affection you felt towards him for so long wasn't one sided,you still couldn't forgive.All this pain he put you through,just wasn't justified by his apology.You took a deep breath and stood up.Percy quickly followed your lead.

"Y/n?"

"Thank you for your apology,Percy...but it's far too late for it."you said,grabbing your phone off the table.You watched as his expression fell far below upset.His eyes looked like you could see his shattered heart through them."I loved you a lot Percy...but I can't accept your apology...you broke too much in me for those two words to fix."

"P-please...let me make it up to yo-"he started pleading,which voice cracking but you cut him off.

"You can't Percy!Your apology just justify you leaving me alone for three years and the pain I felt!Leave me alone."you snapped and he took a step back.You watched tears that brimmed in his eyes,spill onto his cheeks.

"I-I..."

"Goodbye Jackson."you said softly,turning around and leaving the cafe.As soon as you walked out the doors,you felt your heart crumbled to pure dust.The little bit of love be and worry you had for him,had vanished.And as you walked home,you decided on something.

"No boy,is worth years of tears."and with that,you did exactly what Percy wanted you to do.You let him go.