I Want To Forget How Unforgettable You Are

Percy's POV

Her lips felt perfect.Like they felt warm and sweet on mine in the cold winter surroundings.I didnt want to let her go.The crowd cheering around us for the start of the new year had nothing compared to the adreneline that kiss made me feel.She was my best friend,but I couldnt do it anymore I couldnt live like I didnt love her as much as I did.All my life I've grown up with her by my side and most of it,I've been helplessly in love with her.I wanted her more then anything.I always wanted her by my side.And when the time came and I had my chance to show her that,I took it.

Its been a week since I kissed Y/n and I havent had the guts to text her or call her or anything.I know she leaves soon,but I cant find the right words to say to her yet.What do you say to the girl you've always been friends with and madly in love with?Its one week till she leaves and I just dont know yet what to say.

Its her last day.I dont know what I'm going to say but I dont have time to think about it anymore.I got up early to go see her this morning,practically ran to her house.If I dont her before she leaves I'll never be able to say it.I was out of breath by the tike I reacged her place.But...she wasnt there.The house was empty and so was the driveway.I checked the date of her leaving on my phone with the text she sent me of her departure date.I-I got it a week late...I messed the date up...she's been gone for a week.

Its been a month since she's been gone.Not a day goes by where she isnt the first and last thought of my day.If I hadnt mixed up the dates,I could have said goodbye;but I messed up and as much as I want to,I cant go back in time to change that.On top of that,I still havent texted her.How could I?I'm a screw up.Her own best friend who couldnt even say goodbye to her before she moved away.I've failed her.

I stuck my headphones in as I looked out the window of the plane.Miles in the air going miles away from my old home to my new one.Dad has a new job that requires us to move.I didnt protest leaving,I mean I didnt have anything there but memories anyway;and the one person I made them with probably hated my guts even after a year of being apart.

"Im Annabeth Chase."the girl with the tan skin and blonde hair said.

"Percy....Percy Jackson."I introduced myself.

'She's not Y/n,but I love her.I do...right?I love Annabeth,of coarse I do.She's my girlfriend'I thought to myself as I looked in the mirror.

"Come on Percy.Its been nearly two years...move on.Y/n probably has,so you should too."I said to myself.

I didnt want to,but I had to convince myself that I had moved on...though in reality,it never felt like I really did.

"Come with me to Greece.My family lives there so you can study there too.Please Annie"I suggested to my girlfriend.Annabeth gave me that fake thinking look before nodding.

"You got yourself a deal,Jackson."

She looked alot like her.I want to believe its just some hullucination from the beach sun,but that girl I passed was real.She looked just like Y/n.But why in the world would she be in Greece?Why of all places would she happen to be here the one summer your here?Ugh,let go of her,Percy.

'I wasnt wrong.'I thought as I laid down in my bed.'It really was Y/n.'
The reality of those words sunk in.She was there,the girl Annabeth met,was my Y/n.Well...not mine anymore.I couldnt even look her in the eyes,I couldnt talk to her,not after what I did to her.I cant do this to her again,because what will happen when she has to leave Greece?Besides Im with Annabeth.Annie makes me happy...r-right?

She's everywhere it feels like.She knows Luke and the Twins.She's now good friends with Annabeth.She's everywhere I am and I cant stand it.I cant be around her anymore,its killing me.If she wont go away...I'll have to push her away.

***

"I made her cry."I said out loud to myself as I sat in my car,parked at a café,"I used to make her cry from laughing so hard...now I make her cry in pain."I slammed my fist against the console of my car in frustration and anger.

"Why cant she just go away?Why wont she just move on and leave me alone?"I sighed and laid my forehead against the steering wheel.

"Why are you still in control over my emotions,Y/n?I mean its been four years..you've constantly dominated my thoughts all this time.I just want to forget how unforgettable you are."

I closed my eyes,'I wish I could have you...but like I've said...I've changed and I have to let go of my feelings,because I cant get close to you for you to leave again.I just cant'I thought to myself.

I opened my eyes and pulled back from the steering wheel.Collecting my thoughts enough to focus on the rode,I pulled out of the parking space and headed home.

Once I was home,I laid down in my bed and tried to sleep.I couldn't.It almost seemed impossible to fall asleep with the amount of thoughts running through my mind.Her face,the tears running down her cheeks as she ran off.The damage I've done...again.Why do I have to screw this up?Why cant she just disappear,go home,anything.Just get away from me.

"Leave me alone,please I dont want to hurt you."I mumbled to myself as I buried my face in my pillow.And thats how I stayed for the rest of the night.Haunted by her face and angry at myself for being a screw up.