Nico Is An Independent Woman Who Doesnt Need A Man

If Percy wants to be forgotten,then thats what he'll be.

You spent the next week avoiding him at all costs.Anytime Annabeth wanted to hang out,you made sure Percy wasnt there.It was the same deal for the Twins and Luke.You avoided places he would be and ignored every thought you had of him.

Being so polar of what you used to be,missing him and wondering what ever had happened between you two,to just ignoring his whole existence,was both relieving and painful.You didnt have to worry about if he missed your or not,which was nice but it hurt in the sense that,the same guy who used to be closer then air in your lungs to you,didnt even want to know your name.

All these mixed emotions were poured out in a rant to your personal Grim Reaper,Nico.

"It sucks."you said,holding your phone to your ear as you laid on you bed.

"It'll get better.Just dont focus on him,focus on enjoying the trip."Nico said through the phone.His voice was low and he sounded tired.Makes sense since it was late and you've been ranting for the past two hours.

"But it still sucks."you repeated.

"Well just...remember...Im an independent woman who doesnt need a man..."he said and you stared at you ceiling in confusion.

"You're a what?"you asked.

"Huh?oh shit no...uh I meant tell yourself your an independent woman...sorry."he said and you could near perfectly imagine him falling asleep.You now felt guilty for keeping him up to the point where he was calling himself a woman.

"Its fine.Go to sleep Nico.Thanks for listening."you said.

"O-okay...goodnight (Nico's nickname for you)."he said before you heard a click where he had hung up.

You sighed and sat you phone down on the bed beside you,"Ugh.Damn you and your stupidity,Jackson."you mumbled to yourself.

***

The next morning your aunt and you went for breakfast.You two decided on trying some authentic Greek breakfast at the café before any 'morning crowd' arrived.So it was about seven in the morning and the café was near empty.

"So,enjoying your graduation gift so far?"you aunt asked as she took a bite of her recently delivered food.

Percy's face flashed in your mind before you quickly pushed it away,"Uh yes.Thank you Auntie."you said.

She nodded in response before staring at something behind you.You turned slightly in your seat to see the idiot,himself.Percy was in the café alone,ordering himself something to drink.

"Hey doesnt that look an awful lot like Perseus Jackson?That kid you were friends with when you were younger."you aunt said,pointing her fork towards him.

"Uh...no."you said quickly,turning back around to face her.

"I'm dead certain its him."she said,narrowing her eyes.

'Please dont.'you thought."I doubt its him.I mean why would he be here?"

Your aunt shrugged,"Only one way to find out."

'Shes gonna do it.Damn it.'

"Percy Jackson."you aunt said loud enough for him to hear.Sure enough,he heard her and within moments was walking towards your table.

"Miss Y/L/N,is that you?"he said once he reached the table.

"It is.And Y/n"she added,gesturing towards you.You rolled your eyes and looked up at Percy.He look about as unamused and unhappy to see you as you did him.

"Right...hello Y/n."he said plainly.

"Percy."you replied and your aunt looked at the both of you oddly.

"Percy,I'm sure you and Y/n have alot to catch up on.Would you like to join us for dinner tomorrow?"she asked.

"No"you snapped,but instantly wished you could take it back.Your aunt stared at you like you were mad and you could almost feel Percy's green as looking at you in annoyance."I mean...I'm sure he's busy..."you corrected.

Too bad your aunt was more relentless then you were,"Oh Im sure one meal wont hurt his schedule.Wont you Percy?"sge asked again,nicely.

"I uh..."Percy trailed off,glancing from you to your aunt.Something inside of him must have broke from guilt.Your aunt used to always take Percy and you wherever you wanted to go as kids and spoiled you two rotten,so Percy probably didnt feel in any position to reject her request.He sighed and nodded,"I'd love to ma'am."

You mentally slapped him in the face before your aunt and him exchanged goodbyes.Unwillingly you did the same and then he was gone.

"You didnt have to be so rude."you aunt told you after a minute of silence.

"Sorry Auntie...its just uh...been awhile and I didnt know what to do..."you muttered.Sure it was a lie and more then most things you hated lying to your aunt,but you couldnt tell her about what happened between you and him.She'd be upset and try and fix it and just end up making it way more awkward.

After breakfast was over you met up with Luke and the Twins to go shopping.Well actually,the Twins were actually shopping while Luke said you needed to pay him back for ruining his shirt.So while the Stoll brothers tried on different types of fedoras,you waited on Luke to pick out a shirt.

"Its not fair.They made me."you pouted,sitting down on a bench as Luke searched through a rack of shirts.

"But you listened to them."he corrected and you rolled your eyes.Another ten minutes passes by before Luke found himself a green and purple shirt and the Twins came back in matching fedoras and sunglasses.After paying the Stolls complained about the lack of ice cream that they've consumed that week and suggested(well more like ordered) for you all to go find an ice cream parlor.So it wasnt hard figuring out what you four did for the following thirty minutes.

"Good luck with dinner."Luke commented.You had finished telling him about what had happened early that morning and early that week you told him about what Percy said to you.Oddly,you've become quite close to Luke in the past few weeks.

"Yeah thanks...I'll need it."you said,licking your ice cream.

"Youll do fine."Connor said after obviously eavesdropping the entire time.

"Yeah and if he acts like a dick,we'll chop off his."Travis added before they both cracked up in laughter.Luke just shook his head and you rolled your yes,chuckling to yourself.

"Thanks boys,but I'd rather not be involved with the murder of Percy's privates."

The Twins laughed even harder after your statement until they were nearly crying.Luke looked over at them then back at you,"I'm glad I met you,Y/n.I needed a smart friend for once."