What If I'm Too Late To Tell Her

Percy's POV

"Well you fucking did.And...and..."she paused.I noticed her breathing got alot heavier as tears brimmed at her eyes"and if you can do it then so can I!I wish I never met you Jackson!"y/n screamed at me before she quickly got up.

I stood in total shock with my fists clenched in pure anger.But the anger wasnt at her,it was at myself.She ran out the door before I could say,or more like,screw anything else up.

"What did you do?"a voice said from beside me.I turned and saw her aunt,who was staring at me with confused and worried eyes.

"I-I fucked up so bad..."I said,"I've gotta find her."but as I tried to race to the door,her aunt grabbed my wrist.

"Leave her be...if I know my niece,she'll need some space."she said before releasing my wrist."And you,young man,have some serious explaining to do."

Everything.I told her everything.Not just from when I saw Y/n in Greece but all the way back to my hopeless crush on her as a kid.The emotions just flowed from my lips and before I knew it,I had told her every last detail.

Once I had finished,Miss L/N just shook her head and sighed,"You're really stupid."

I looked at her,"Ma'am with a due respect,that isnt helping."

"Its not supposed to.If you two just opened your damn eyes as kids you would have seen the connection."she told me,looking at me like it was the most obvious thing ever;like 'water is wet.'

"She loved you too you big rock."he aunt continued,flicking me in the forehead.It hurt but I deserved it at this point."Well at least she used to."

I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands,"What do I do now?"I asked through my hands.

"I dont know,that's your problem."she replied as she got up from her seat,"But Percy?"

I looked up at her,"Yes?"

"I've never met two people who loved each as much as you two have.Even as kids you two were the closest friends I've ever seen.You know her alot better then most.It would be a shame for all that to go to waste,dont you think?"she raised her eyebrows.I nodded and stood up,before she walked me to the door.

"Its late.Get out."Miss L/n said as she smiled and gave me a gentle shove to the shoulder as I left.

***

Annabeth stood in front of me as we both stood silently in my bedroom.It was nearly midnight and she had told me everything that Y/n had told her about an hour before.

"Percy...whats going on?"she asked,looking at my eyes directly.

"Annie...I dont...I dont think I'm over her...or that I ever have been.I'm sorry.I dont want to hurt you and you've been an amazing friend but-"

"But no one can force anyone to love somebody.I'm not mad Percy.I want you to be happy and I understand that you cant be with me;at least not like you would be with her.Im just disappointed in the way you started going about this."she cut me off.

I took a deep breath and held both of her hands,"I know...I'm dissappinted in myself,but I really want to make this right with her again."

Annabeth nodded,"Then go on.Fix it,but do it the best way.Not avoiding her."

I smiled and huggged her."Friends?"I asked after letting go.

"Always,Percy."she answered.
***

Its been a week since our argument and I've spent the entire time thinking about what I'm going to say to her.Well aware of the results of the last time I took so long to think,I decided to call her to make sure she'd actually be there this tiherAnnabeth lent me her phone because neither of us thought Y/n would answer from a random number;not that she may not just hang up when she hears my voice but its still a better chance this way.I quickly found her contact in Ann's phone and called her.

After a moment of ringing she picked up."Hello?"

"Hello?Y-y/n."I asked.

"Go away."she yelled at the phone,but I quickly spoke up before she could hang up.

"W-wait!Hear me out...please Y/n...Im begging you."I pleaded.It hurt how quickly she wanted to let me go,but I guess thats how I made her feel before.

"I dont want to talk to you.Leave me alone."Y/n said.

"Okay...I will leave you alone...but I really need to speak with you.I'll let you make your choice.You can ignore me or come meet me at the café at eight tonight so I can talk to you.I-if you dont come...I'll take the hint."I suggested,occasionaly nervously stuttering.

'Please agree.'I prayed in my mind.A pause followed before she spoke again.

"I-I...goodbye Percy."and just like that,she was gone again.Damn it.

***

Like planned,I arrived at the café at seven thirty.The spare time was for perfecting everything in my head,well in reality I was preparing myself to actually speak and not just stare at her with mt uncollected thoughts.I ordered a drink and sat down quietly at a booth near the back.Staring at my glass of water the past and the present collided,and reality struck me again.

I love her.Like a lot.I realise how she's never left my mind since I've seen her the first time in Greece and even before that.She makes my mind feel stupid and my heart explode just by being around me.Why?Because just like when I was a kid and just like on the New Year's Eve,I'm madly in love with her.Fear hits me even harder then my confession,and one question replays constantly in my head.

'What if I'm too late to tell her?'