My New Bestie Is Dating My Ex-Bestfriend

Not every gift is perfect in everyway.Greece had to be the best thing anyone has gotten for you,but after today,you realised how nothing can be perfect.

***

You woke up later then you normaly did and got ready to go out.You changed to a red tank,a white skirt,and red sandals.While you were getting ready,your phone dinged.

You checked your phone and saw that it was a text from Amnabeth.

'Hey,Im going for lunch with my boyfriend.Would you like to join us?'

'Yeah,Id love to.When and where?'you texted back.

'Daphne's at 2'she replied.

You read her text then checked the time.It was about twelve,so you decided on shopping near that area till two.

You walked around two or three small shops near the resturaunt till you saw Annabeth crossing the street.You walked out of the store you were in and headed to her.When you went up behind her you tapped her shoulder.

"Y/n,glad you came."she said after she turned around.

"Me too."

"My boyfriend will be here soon.I was going to go on ahead and get us a table.Come on."she said and you followed her inside the resturaunt.After you two sat down she texted her boyfriend where we were siting.

"I have to use the bathroom.I'll be right back."she excused herself then left towards the back of the restaurant.You sat patiently,tapping the table qith your fingers while thinking.

"Annabeth?"someone said behind you,causing you to turn around.

You immediately made eye contact with the same boy from two days ago.His black hair hung near his sea green eyes and his face held a confused expression.You looked at him for a moment.He wore a blue and white tee,shorts,and the same navy converses he had on the other day.

He looked so familiar and not just because you saw him yesterday.

Its not him,right?

You doubted yourself for a moment,but the color of his eyes;their unusual color and vibrancy,made it obvious.

"Percy?"you asked and that made him look even more confused.

"Do I know you?"

But before you could answer,Annabeth was back.As soon as she saw Percy she hugged him and he gave her a quick kiss to the cheek.

"Hey,sorry I was in the bathroom.Did you guys meet already?"she asked,still in his arms but now looking back towards you.

"Uh..."Percy trailed off.

Ignoring his lack of answer,Annabeth introduced(more like re-introduced) you two,"Y/n this is my boyfriend,Percy.Percy this is my friend I made on the plane,Y/n"she said,releasing herself from his grasp.

You expected your name to ring a bell in his head,that would make him remember but he still looked at you like a stranger,"H-hi."he said before sitting down beside Annabeth.

"Hi..."you muttered awkwardly.

A normal person would think that they got the wrong person mixed up,but you had no more doubt that it was him.This forgetful guy infront of you was Percy Jackson,your childhood friend.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when the waiter came by with drinks.After everyone ordered,Annabeth started explaining to you and Percy about her studies.You couldn't help but notice the odd glances Percy kept making towards you.

"And thats what I'll be doing this summer."Annabeth finished off her explanation.You gave her back your full attention and smiled.

"Sounds like work,but nonetheless fun."you commented and she nodded.

"Not every passion is easy,but I enjoy it."

The table remained silent for about two minutes until the food arrived.In order to answer a few question you had and demolish the awkward atmosphere,you spoke up.

"So how did you to meet?"you asked,clearly catching Percy off guard because he dropped his fork onto his glass plate.

"Uh sorry..."he mumbled.

Annabeth looked at him strangely before answering your question,"He moved into my neighborhood our sophmor year and we became close friends.About a year ago we started dating."she added the last part after a second of thinking.

"Thats cool.I lost a close friend in highschool because I moved too."
You mentioned but apparently Percy still didnt remember you because all he said was,"Thats too bad."

You enjoyed being in Ann's company but lunch felt like it took forever.You stayed twenty minutes after you were done eating just so it wouldnt look like you were rushing to leave(which you kinda were).After you said your goodbyes to Annabeth and what sounded like a 'bye' from Percy,you left.

You wandered down the streets of Greece talking to yourself.

"After everything we went through;after fourteen years of being friends,he forgets me in four years.Really Percy?What the literal fuck."you complained to yourself.Despite his lack of memory,you also noticed his appearence.His face was slightly longer then when he was a kid,just a more defined jawline.His hair was still that messy bed head,and his eyes seemed darker and greener then when you were kids.His voice was deeper and it wasnt had to figure out that he was in better shape then before.He was still as attractive,if not more,then when you two were best friends.

"But now he's Annabeth's boyfriend,"and as much as that hurt to say, the second half of the reality hurt more,"and he doesnt even remember me."