War Torn ch.1 * Call of Duty Fanfiction*

12 years ago...

I walked down the old sidewalk on my street that leads up to my house. I turn right and head up the driveway and walk up to my house, clenching onto my blue, zebra striped bookbag. I walk up the concrete steps and place my hand on the knob, about to turn it when I hear yelling and a crash along with my dad." DAMNIT!" I freeze on the spot and feel my heart pound against my chest. I try to stay calm and try to steady my breathing. I sigh and think to myself: I hate it when they fight! Why can't they be nice to each other for once? Why must they always fight..? I look up at the screen door and turn the knob and open it. I carefully step inside and look around to see a broken chair. I swallow nervously and walk quickly towards the stairs leading to the upper part of the house where me and my brother's room are located. I walk quickly to my room as I now notice it gone deathly quiet. Just as I open my door, I hear a slam of our back door and stomping of thick, boots, our father no doubt. I quickly close my door and drop my bookbag on the floor, making it lean against my bed. I go towards the corner of my room and turn on the little TV I have in my room and watch a Disney movie. I smile softly and stand up, looking for my blue camo bean bag chair and finding a comfy spot. I then stop and realize I want a snack and drink. I then remember that my parents are still fighting, hearing their echos in our basement. I breathe and turn the knob with my hand trembling alittle. I poke my head out and then scurry downstairs to the kitchen. I pull up a chair and reach for a small bag of caramel popcorn in the dark, wooden cabinet. I jump down and push the chair back and place the popcorn back on the counter before proceding on getting some water. As I grab a glass for water, I hear a slam and jump, dropping the glass on the counter and causing two other glasses to fall onto the floor. I turn and look up to see a angry mom. I can feel my hands tremble as I see her look back and scream:"I DONT GIVE A FUCK! THEY CAN GO DIE IN A HOLE FOR ALL I CARE!!" I turn away and try to clean the mess but feel a hand on my shoulder and the force of being pull back. I look up to see my mother, rage in her eyes, glare down at me. I don't say anything and flinch when she starts yelling at me."WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?!"I look up and can feel tears form in my eyes."I-I w-was getting a-a drink a-an-" I then get flinged back and slam into our fridge with a thud, slamming my head into the hard surface. I feel tears spill down my face and just sit there, looking up at my mother. I then hear thudding of boots and look up to see my dad look at me and then at my mom, fists clenched. I watch as he stompes over and am shocked on what he does: I watch as he practically throws her against the counter before seeing my mum punch my dad in thd face, making her drop the glass she had in her hand after pouring out the water from it and shattering all over. I shield my face as some glass cuts my face and arms, while a few get stuck in my skin. I look up and gasp as I see my parents go at each other. I feel tears flow down my face as I watch them beat each other to a pulp and yell at each other. I stand up, not caring that im stepping on broken glass, and sprint to my room, crying and scared. I slam the door and go to the corner of my room and curl up, knees up to my chest and cry into my knees while shaking violently.