Chapter 8

Hermione's POV

Hermione woke up groggily, her mascara had run down the while pillow overnight. She wiped her eyes and picked up her wand next to the bed, muttering a spell to clean away the mess. Last night went fast, too fast. She remembered lashing out at Malfoy.

The sudden anger was caused by the word marriage, it ruined Hermione. Any thought of it made her sick to her stomach. She was trying to find another reason to yell, than to tell Draco that the thought of white dresses, churches, altars....... it made her feel ill. It gave her butterflies, but in a bad way.

She could have gone longer with him, she know she could've. It would have distracted her from the thought of Ron. That made Hermione start to wonder who the girl was that Ronald ran off with. She wondered if she knew the girl. She stood up off the bed and walked to her kitchen, she grabbed an empty cup and brewed some coffee with a coffee machine she bought at a muggle appliance store. 

She was going back to normal, she was going back to work tomorrow, 'although', she thought to herself. 'I might go in and catch up on some work i missed.'

She picked herself up and walked back into the bedroom, pulling out some ordinary work clothes. She was about to walk out of the bedroom when an Owl tapped on the window. It was holding the daily prophet. She opens her window and unties the newspaper from the owl. She rolled out the paper while walking back into the kitchen. 

She took a deep breathe and started to read front page.

The relationship we all knew would end, has broken up. 1/3 of the Golden Trio, Hermione Granger, was caught coming out of ex-Death Eater, Draco Malfoy's apartment, her face red with tears. She then spoke up about what had happened in the apartment moments ago. "Draco and I are finished, i want nothing to do with him."  The young witch said before apparating away. It was thought that Draco had cheated on her with ex-girlfriend, Astoria Greengrass (Couple set up by parents.) a few days ago when he was sighted with the girl in Diagon Alley with a jewellers bag in hand. 

Rita Skeeter.

Hermione knew the 'cheating' accusation was a lie. Hermione through the rest of the newspaper in the bin before grabbing an apple, her bag and keys and apparating to work. She landed roughly outside her office. She opened her door and set herself up, her desk neatly organised with everything she needs. The pile of paperwork would take hours to sought through but she didn't have a reason to go home today.

3 Months Later

Hermione spent almost everyday for the next 3 months in that office. (except for weekends.) She did all her work and had it all done in time. On Sunday's she would join the Weasley's and the potter's for dinner. Ginny was now 2 and a half months pregnant and Ron was now seeing someone. (The girl in which he left Hermione for.) But he never brought her to any of the Sunday dinner's. The Weasley's and Hermione had no clue who the mystery girl was. 

One late Friday afternoon, Hermione was finishing the last bits of her work when Ginny opened the door to her office. She now had the smallest bump that would show up only when she wore fitting tops. She closed the door behind her and smiled poorly at Hermione.

"You need to get out more." She said while taking a spare seat opposite Hermione's desk. 

"I'm fine Gin', i promise. I like my work, i think it's fun." She started filing the last few documents before putting away stuff into her bag.

"No your not, i'm not going to let you live a lonely life." 

"I'm not lonely, i have you, Teddy and soon a baby." Hermione smiled.

"But Hermione, you need a baby of your own."Ginny stood up. 

" Don't you think i want one Gin', i want a baby, i want a husband. I want to have a happy family but last time i tried that, he left on my wedding day." Her face started to heat up.

"Your forgetting Draco, he made you happy, when you first let it out, those days after you were the happiest i have ever seen you." she takes Hermione's hand.

"That doesn't count Ginny, it wasn't real." She had been able to keep the secret safe, but she knew she was coming clean. Hermione explained everything to her........

"And you're sure you didn't feel anything..... anything at all." She asked

"Nothing, Gin' I already told you. And even if i did he wouldn't feel the same way, it's Malfoy we're talking about." She laughed

The both stood up, Ginny went behind Hermione. Hermione opened the door but was bombarded by Draco standing in the door, having one ear pressed to the door earlier, he was now leaning in mid air. He smiled nervously.

"Alright. well, you see, there is kinda a problem 'mione." Ginny chuckled

"Ginny" she said sternly

"well, you have been really gloomy and i wanted to cheer you up, so i brought Ma......." She started mumbling.

"Ginny, speak up."

"Brought Malfoy so you cou...." She mumbled again

"Ginevra, Speak up." Hermione's voice was now raised.

"I brought Malfoy so you could get back together because he seemed to make you happy, but then you told me the story, and he has kinda been sitting outside for the last half hour." She looked straight down at the floor, not daring to look Hermione in the eyes.

Hermione let out a big sigh. She turned back to Draco.

"Malfoy." She acknowledged him but pushed past him to an apparation point.

"See you on Sunday Ginny." And with her last words she apparated to her apartment. 

Was she really that happy with him?

OH MY GOD NEARLY 1000 READS!!! HOLY CRAP. OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD

Thank you all so much, this is incredible. I honestly didn't expect to have so many reads, i am so surprised.

Sorry this one is so short, it is now officially the weekend so hopefully i can get another chapter out on Monday or before. ( Do not count on it)

This is amazing and ohmygod.

Please keep doing whatever your doing, reading, voting commenting. ANYTHING

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

XOXO Dramione-4lyfe

Lies and LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara