Chapter Two-Part 2

It was a new day and I was actually standin on my own two feet. I was in my bathroom starin at the wounds left on my body. I ran my hands across what now would be an everlasting scar. The doctor had just left and told me that I would be able to go home tomorrow late afternoon so I would def be able to hit up that bbq Joi was tellin me about. That girl know she could cook so I didn't wanna miss that.

As I walked out of my bathroom, my parents came in to meet me. "Hey what ya'll up to," I said as they walked in hand in hand smilin at one another. It was beautiful to see them still actin like this after all these years.

"Nothin. I see u gettin around. I knew u'd be up before we knew it." My mom said giving me a hug wit my dad followin behind. I sat on my bed as they sat in the chairs provided. I turned the tv to the news and waited for a conversation to start. My dad begin.

"So I know Joi told u about this bbq Saturday?"

"Yeah she did."

"If ur out, u wanna go?"

"Yeah actually the doctor came in and talked with me and said that I was gettin released tomorrow late afternoon so I'm more than excited for that. I'm tired of this hospital cooking." My mom got real excited over this.

"Really? Well that's good. I can't wait to take u home and feed you some real food. I know that jello and soup was gettin on your nerves."

"Yeah remind me to never get shot again," I said makin us laugh a little. We watched the news together and as I sat back on my bed tryin to block the memories of Tiffany from comin to me, I heard my mom and dad whisperin to one another and my mom gigglin like a school girl. I didn't even wanna turn my head to see what they were doing. I just wanted it to stop in my presence. "Uhhh..guys, I really don't wanna hear that right now. I just had that pea soup and i'm already on the verge of throwin up. I don't need any more motivation for that," we shared another laugh and it made me so grateful that they were here.

The next afternoon arrived quicker than I anticipated. I was sittin on the edge of my bed staring into space wondering if I was really ready to go home. I had nothing to go back to. Would I even be able to start back living in my home. It was still home. The doctor came in and stopped me from going into another deep spell of "what to do's".

"U ready Shawn?"

"As ready as can be."

"Well that's good. I wanna check your blood pressure again and check those wounds one last time," he said starin at my chart like he does everytime he comes in to the room. He barely acknowledges me, he's so into that chart. He grabs my arm to wrap me up to check my pressure. Once that was done, he made me take off the top of my gown to check the wounds in my chest. "Are u hiding a secret, Mr. Carter. U wouldn't be Hancock would u," he said laughin at his own joke without me giving him the motivation. He laughed so loud he could've broken every window in the building. He checked my arm and then my leg. "Everything seems top shape, Shawn. Betcha can't say that five times fast," he said laughing boisterously again. I just stared at him blankly wondering when he going to get the f#ck out. "The nurse will be with the discharge papers around 4:30 so about an half an hour would do. Good luck Shawn," he said shaking my hand like I was going up against some odds I didn't know about. This whole damn hospital staff was crazy as all hell.

Joi walked in and I was surprised to see her. My parents were suppose to come and get me but they hadn't gotten here yet. "What's up baby?" She gave me a hug and sat down the flowers she brought me on the table next to her.