Chapter Thirteen-Part 1

I was standin outside of my job waitin on Shawn to pick me up. It was near one in the mornin and he still hadn't come to get me. I got off at twelve thirty. I had my arms crossed across my chest tryin my best not to scream into the night's chilly air. Fall was comin so it wasn't as warm as it use to be and I was gettin angrier the more I waited. After turnin down more than five offers to be taken home, I reached into my purse for a cigarette. After lightin one up and takin a deep inhale, my nerves simmered and I was calm again. I looked at my cell phone and the time was officially one o'clock now. "WTF," I said blowin smoke out of my mouth at the same time. I sucked my teeth and turned around to find a bench about ten feet away.

I hadn't even taken a step yet when I heard Shawn's horn. I stopped and turned around slowly, sittin the poke on my lip. I just stared at him while smoke poured from the sides of my mouth. He rolled down the passenger window and looked at me with his eyebrows raised. "U got another ride home?"

"Don't even f#ckin play me. I got off at twelve got damn thirty. It's one."

"I got off late. So what?"

"So what?!"

"Why we gotta argue and waste more time? I came didn't I?"

I couldn't believe how he was actin right now. He acted like he didn't even give a damn and I didn't want to get into the car with him so I stood there not even replyin to him as he called my name. I finished my cigarette and proceeded to light another one while he talked to me. "So u mad.....u gone ignore me.....u ain't gettin in the car cause I had to work late? U bein a real f#ckin diva right now."

"So f#ckin what?"

"Ahight then. How u gettin home cause I'm tired and I'm not gonna wait until u done throwin this b!tch fit."

"B!tch fit? U callin me a b!tch?"

"There u go. We been arguin since yesterday."

"Go home Shawn. I'll meet u there."

"How's that?"

"I done got offered to be taken home bout fifty times and the next one I'm takin."

"Oh yeah. I guess u gone be sleepin at that same person's house tonight cause u must be on some shit if u think I'ma let another n!gga drop my chick off at home."

"I'ma ride the bus then."

"This late."

"Done it before."

"U was ghetto then."

"F#ck off shawty!"

"GET IN THIS F#CKIN CAR BEYONCE!"

I had never heard him yell like that before. I stared at him and twisted my lips. I didn't say anythin though cause I remembered how he slapped me last time I pissed him off. I got into the car makin sure to slam the door hard enough for the window to sound like it cracked a little. He let out a sigh and sped off.

When we got close enough to the house he made a different turn and we headed towards Lithonia Park. I didn't even say anythin. I don't even know why he headed towards this way. It was pitch black in the park. He turned on his bright lights and manuvered over the speed bumps and found a spot to park at. He got out but there was no way in hell I was doin the same. Ain't no tellin what type of squirrels and shit came out at night lookin for somethin to eat. I heard him knock on the window cause I couldn't see shit. I opened the door slightly and he snatched it open.