Chapter Twelve- Part 1

It was eight somethin at night. I was outside smokin a blunt in front of Shawn's car(which I was tryin not to use) and he was inside sleep. We both had fallen asleep after that fiasco at his mom's place. That was some shit that I just couldn't believe. And what's more crazy is that I didn't even flip the f#ck out on them folks. That made me even angrier. I thought about callin Ty but that's was what went wrong with me and Tip. Everythin that happened between us, I went and told Tyler and it didn't do me no good and it made more problems with me and Tip. But I wanted this relationship to be different. Even though we were startin off on the wrong foot arguin everyday and now this. I still wanted things between me and Shawn to get marriage like. I'm not sayin that I wanted to get married to him but I wanted us to be happy without the constant drama.

And to see Shawn helpin me shower off the food from my humiliated face and body without another thought on his mind besides tellin me it's all cool, was somethin that I couldn't believe either. He chose me over his family and I didn't wanna come in between that even though they were crazy as hell. I knew he was the type of person that was family oriented and I didn't wanna take that away from him. I just couldn't understand why his mom wouldn't let a woman get close to her son. It wasn't like she was gone f#ck him and suck his dick so why wouldn't she just accept who he loves and move on with her own damn marriage which could fall apart at any moment with the way she acts. I really appreciated Shawn's dad. Now that's how a ma-f#cka stop a party, I thought to myself laughin outloud. "What u doin out here? And u know u ain't suppose to be smokin that," I heard Shawn say comin up behind me. I let out the smoke that I had in my mouth and I hid the blunt behind my back while turnin around.

"It's a cigarette."

"I ain't never smelt a cigarette like that before. Give it to me," he said walkin right up to me and wrappin his arms around me while takin the blunt out my hand. He threw it on the ground and I tried to get it but he continued to hold me and he started walkin back towards the house.

"Baby that's weed on the ground. That ain't no cigarette. Somebody gone come and smoke it. Just let me pick it up."

"Nah Ma. Come on back inside."

"Baby that ain't even a roach, that's half a blunt right there. Please."

"U don't need it Ma," he said pickin me up while I wrapped my legs around his waist and stared at the blunt burnin on the ground. That shit made me wanna cry. Back in the day, I wouldn't have ever let somethin like that go down.

When we got inside, we walked to the bedroom and layed back down. He turned on the tv and I layed on his shoulder while he fooled around with the remote to find somethin on tv. I had thanked him many times before for helpin me clean myself off and takin me out of that place but I felt like I owed him somethin. "Baby-"

"I already know what u gone say Ma. I thought I told u not to stress that shit."

"But that's ur fam."

"Baby they gone be ahight without me. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. They need to learn to mind they own damn business cause I'm a grown ass man and they will not disrespect me for nothin in the world. Family or not. Did u see my dad bussin shots in the air and cussin them out? If he ain't worried about they ass, then u definitely shouldn't be takin two thoughts about it. U said so urself that shit was foul so Ma please let it go. Let it go Let it go Let it go."

"Ahight."

"U sayin that but I don't want u bringin it up again or sneakin and smokin a blunt. I thought we were off that shit. U back on now or somethin?"