Sippy Cup

We really need to figure out what he knows and what he doesn't. We know he doesn't know how to use a cup, doesn't really know the rules, doesn't know how to bathe, and what exactly this world is about.

So today we're going to test him. I really hated the idea but, Sans had a point. If I had gone with my first thought a few days ago he could have gotten hurt. Plus, he needed to go to training like usual. No one would really notice me being gone other than Muffie and a few old drinking buddies.

So I was the chosen one for the task.

"Hey, Cherry? Can you come here." I asked in the living room. Sure he was just in his claimed corner but, he needed him to know this was serious.
Cherry sat next to me still knawing on a wooden chew toy.

I sighed as I got ready for this.

" I need to ask you some questions again bud, okay?"

He nodded turning to face me, sitting with his hands on his knees, the toy slightly falling out of his mouth. It made me let out a small huff of amusement, as I smiled at him. He was just too cute.

Now, how do I go about this... I know he can't really use silverware or use a cup. He doesn't know how to bathe himself. Doesn't know history of this AU. What I need to know is what he knows.

"What was your relationship between you and your brother like?" I needed this one out of the way.

He sat there for a second, processing the question. "You, mean Boss? He didn't like me, but I like Boss a lot. He treated me just fine, different then you and Blue Boss but, fine."

I stared for a second. Okay I need to ask different questions.

" Did, 'Boss' ever hit you, or call you mean things?" It was kind of hard to ask but, it was out now.

Again those pure eyes, almost like he hadn't seen death and immoral things and been part of some of it. " Yeah, he did those a lot. He said I needed them t' toughen up though, it just needed time."

Okay, this seems to be more hard on me then him. Okay... I can do this.

"What was Snowdin like? The people, the town, the woods?"

He perked up a bit at the mention of the woods.

"The monsters? They were normal. They killed other monsters who couldn't live anymore, sold stuff, yelled at eachother, normal monster stuff. The town was covered in snow and dust like everywhere else. You just didn't want to be out at night. Same with the woods. The woods was safer than anywhere though. There's a path too. One to a nice old lady."

He smiled probably thinking of the woman he met. Though I couldn't help but feel a little sick. Dust everywhere. His label of normal, made go in a cold sweat.

"Wh-what do you think of me and Sans and Undyne?" This one can't be as bad.

He started to seem slightly uncomfortable on this one weirdly enough.

"I don't understand... you guys. I remember when I watched from the monitor it was weird, but now it's a new weird." He said seeming a little frustrated he didn't know exactly how to explain it.

" Now it's like a.... blanket weird." He tried looking at his hands as frustration grew. " You all make me feel nice and warm and ummmm Safe!" He beamed as he found the right word.

I smiled rubbing his skull in praise.

" You and B- Sans are really nice! Nicer than the door lady! You even feed me everyday, and ummmm... give praise, and don't yell! It's really nice."

He reached out toward me, his way of saying he wanted something. I picked him up and put him in my lap. These weren't exactly the questions I wanted to ask but, they were still needed questions.

"P-pap, can I ask a q-question?" I nodded trying to encourage him.

"What do you think of me?" A small sheet of un-shed tears in his big red eyes as he asked.

I honestly hadn't thought of it. I guess I kinda see him as my baby brother. Not like Sans like another little brother. Sans is older and has a job and takes care of himself but. Cherry is like a little bro he never had.

" Like family. Your like my Lil bro, sure not like Sanzy, but my Lil bro nun the less." I smiled giving said Lil bro a squeeze.

He hugged back with a squeal, "And your my big bro!" His eyes twinkling with joy.

"Guess your right, and as your big brother I have to make sure you take your vitamins." I said as I carried him to the kitchen to take his vitamins.

------Author Chan------
I just can't get enough of these two! Welp time to find Dere-Berry.