10: 221B Baker Street

Sooner than I anticipated, the car had pulled up outside 221B Baker Street. I was pushed out of the door and had my suitcases dumped next to me.

Despite all of Mycroft's talk, I didn't feel like he was taking the 'threat' I posed all the seriously considering the lack of men who had been guarding me.

I didn't know whether to feel amused at his foolishness or insulted.

The door to 221B Baker Street opened to a short woman in her late sixties. She wore a flowery apron. Landlady. Widow. Husband: Hudson, deceased. Former exotic dancer. Gleaning no useful information from her, I sighed dramatically.

"May I help you dear?" she asked, looking puzzled at my luggage.

"I'm here to see Sherlock Holmes. Is he in?" I asked smiling innocently, hoping that he was not.

"Yes, he's upstairs dear." I hoisted up my suitcases and brushed past Mrs Hudson gently.

I climbed the stairs carefully, already marking the potential escape routes. Once at the top, I paused outside the door. I heard voices on the other side. Both were male, one of which I recognized. I knocked twice before entering the flat.

"If the suspect has yellow paint in his house, then arrest him," said Sherlock, pacing around the flat.

"We found traces of yellow paint on the murder victim, but that won't be enough to incriminate him." Said the other guy, who I recognized as D.I Greg Lestrade from the newspapers.

"If you find the paint, I'm sure you'll find your other evidence as well," he retorted.

I coughed slightly and the two men turned to face me in surprise.

Sherlock's eyes widened.

"Alexandria Novak, what the hell are you doing here?" Sherlock asked, walking up to me with suspicion.

"Why are you here?" Sherlock asked.

"Because your charming brother sent me." Lestrade looked at us both with confusion.

"Wait, do you two know each other?" He asked.

"We met...briefly," was Sherlock's response. I nodded to confirm what Sherlock said. At that moment Lestrade's phone began to ring. He answered

it and listened. Covering the mouthpiece, he said "Sorry, I need to go.

Thanks for your help on the case, Sherlock." He said as he left the flat.