9: Mycroft Holmes

The van came to a sudden stop, jolting me in my seat. For the first time since Sherlock Holmes's phone call, I felt slightly nervous. Somebody put a blindfold on me and I had to suppress the urge to roll my eyes.

"Seriously guys, could you be more cliche than this," I muttered.

It was quite unsettling being blindfolded and being guided towards the unknown by strangers whom you didn't know and trust. I felt myself being led inside a building and down a long, narrow flight of stairs. I heard a door open and I was ushered inside and placed in a seat. I stumbled in the darkness, bumping into someone.

"Sorry," I muttered. Someone removed my blindfold as I was handcuffed to the seat. I blinked, disoriented by the sudden exposure to bright light. The men left the room, leaving me alone.

Alarm bells began ringing. How much do they know? I wondered. I flexed my arms and wrists experimentally. The handcuffs creaked. Breakable. I looked over the door and heard slight shuffling. 7 people outside, ready to storm in should I try anything I assume. I glanced around the rest of the room. It was nothing much.

There was a large portrait of Queen Elizabeth II behind the desk in front of me. The desk contained a fairly large glass globe of the world. The desk also contained a highly advanced looking computer which I stared at with envy. Dotted around the room were shelves full of files, books, and papers. But my curiosity was drawn to the file on the desk. Curious, I tilted my head slightly to read the name on the cover. Alexandria Jean Novak. I raised an eyebrow. I tutted mentally, cursing myself for not covering my tracks better. The file was quite thin, so if that was the extent of their info on me, I was hardly worried.

But I still was curious of course. I uncurled my fist, revealing the key to the handcuffs I took after 'stumbling' into that person.

I picked up my file and flicked through it. To my surprise, it held information on some of my activities over the past years, both solo and during My stint in Moriarty's organisation.

My mouth dried as I looked at their information on my early life. Most of it was blacked out, but I saw enough to tell me that whoever's office this was powerful enough to know about my past as America's secret weapon.

Suddenly, I heard the door open behind me. Turning around I saw a man enter the room. He was fairly tall, with green eyes and a severe yet disdainful looking face, as if everyone was beneath him, which she figured was probably true.

Mycroft Holmes is the personification of the British government. He was sharply dressed in a suit and, to my amusement carried a large black umbrella in his right hand.

"Welcome Miss Novak, I assume you know why you are here?"

"Nope, not a clue," I said, just to annoy him. He frowned. "Do you know who I am?"

"You are Mycroft Holmes, older brother of Sherlock Holmes, the consulting detective. Occupation in the British government, the British secret service and a freelancer for the CIA. You are currently attempting a diet, good luck to you by the way, and you constantly stress about your younger brother. Your pressure points are your brother and your work." She finished.