4: Revenge

>>>>>>>>>

Crouching down on the roof, I shimmied down the side of the building with ease, my fingers finding crevices on the side of the building. With great effort, I clambered onto the window ledge, taking a moment to catch my breath. Ever so carefully, I prised the window open and climbed silently inside. The apartment was dark and quiet, save for the dripping of the tap in the kitchenette.

I searched the apartment, finding evidence of David Blunt's existence. There was a picture of him and his wife on their wedding day, and images of their children scattered around the flat. I heard a noise emanating from the bedroom and gripped my gun tightly. Keep your shit together Alex. This is the moment you have been waiting for.

I crept silently towards the bedroom. I pushed the bedroom door open and found the killer lying sprawled across the bed, in a state of drunken sleep, a bottle hanging limply from his hand.

I looked at him, disgusted and full of rage. I quickly formulated my plan for revenge. I looked at the man who brutally murdered my parents and my younger brother.

Upon searching the flat and finding no one else. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife, a pair of pliers, a bottle of lemon juice and a bag of salt. Grimly, I went back into the bedroom, where I greeted David Blunt with a punch to the face. He groaned and roused himself, looking at me groggily. "Watcha think ya doin, who the hell are ya?" He slurred, reaching to punch me, but misjudging his swing and he ended up falling on his face.

I grabbed him by the hair and punched him repeatedly in the face until his face was a patchwork of bruises and blood, the dull throbbing from my fingers felt satisfying. I looked at the murderer slumped onto the floor and grinned savagely at his discomfort. I grabbed a chair from the dining room and rope from under the stairs and tied him up thoroughly.

I exited the flat sometime later, my gun a bullet lighter.