Forlorn

Riley's POV

I stared at the wall blankly, as I held my chin in my hands. The book was held limply in my hand as I sat at the counter thinking.

If the author hadn't written it the way it had been, it wouldn't be a good book.

The Fault in Our Stars

I had finished the book and now I was just carelessly scamming through re-reading a few parts.

In all honesty, this had to be one of the best books I had ever read. It was the kind of book that made you think.

The characters, were characters that made you think. And when you can connect to a character, that's when you know it's a good book.

Hearing noises, I turned my head and saw Dylan, Alex, Derek and Mark come into the kitchen stopping short when they saw me. They all had sweat covering their shirts and they looked a little tired. Soon enough, Dylan cut the silence by groaning, throwing his head back and making everyone, including me, turn to him.

"I know that look."He said pointing at me making my eyebrows furrow together. "That's your, 'I need to vent about a book,' look." Dylan was right. Every time I read a good book, I never had someone to talk about it to, so I just went to Dylan, who had just repeatedly said 'yeah of course,' the entire time.

I rolled my eyes muttering a 'whatever' before turning back in my chair.

"Well I don't want to be your victim again, so I'm gonna go." Dylan said throwing his thumb over his shoulder and heading out with Derek and Mark following him.

Alex awkwardly stood in the doorway of the kitchen before sitting down next to me. "You can talk about the book to me." He offered as he stared at me.

Thinking about it, a small smile appeared on my face as I nodded my head, my high pony-tail bouncing.

"Okay so, the characters Hazel and Augustus are both cancer patients. Once they meet it's like their connected. And it's amazing. Both characters are just so intelligent but they also have that dry humor. I don't know, it's like-" I was efficiently cut off as I felt a pair of lips meet mine as my hand flew up into his hair.

Outside I was calm and collected as I kissed back, but I'm the inside, I was blushing and howling.

This kiss was gentle, unlike our first one as Alex's hand went up to my neck and pulled me closer if that's even possible.

Much to my dismay, Alex broke the kiss as he smirked at me before looking down at the book. "So what happens in the end?" He whispered, his face extremely close to mine as he licked his lips.

Swallowing, I took a deep breath before answering. "Well I'm no spoil sport. Your gonna have to find out for yourself." I whispered my face a mere inch away from his as my eyes traveled down to his lips and back up.

Alex obviously noticed this as his smirked widened anymore. he nodded his head, eyes not leaving mine. "Okay. That's fair. Guess I'll just have to wait and see."

"Guess so." I said back to him as he got up and went to the fridge and grabbed a beer, sliding one to me after he opened both of them.

"So do you actually read?" I asked taking a sip before leaning forward in my chair.

"Yeah I do actually. My favorite though is The Great Gatsby. Ever read it?" He questioned as he headed to the pantry.

"No never. I've been wanting to read it though. Just forgot to get it." I said taking a sip. I have been wanting to read it but I wanted to read it before the movie.