Your Mistake

Riley's Pov

(2 Years Ago)

     Like every normal day I got up and brushed my plain blonde hair and put on my glasses to get dressed. Letting out a small groan, I headed downstairs to grab an apple for breakfast. It was already getting late so I said bye to my mom and started heading out the door, to start began walking to the school.

    It was pretty close so I didn't mind the walk and it was a lot better than taking a sweaty, kid filled bus.

     Before I shut the door I heard my mom talk to my brother. "Derek, can you be nice for one day and drive your sister to school. And make sure she eats something today. Ever since Avery she hasn't been eating well." I could hear my brother sigh and begin to respond, but I had already shut the door and started walking.

     Half way there, when I was invested in the song that was blasting through my headphone, I heard a car honk behind me. I knew it was my brother so I didn't even bother to turn around.

     "Come on Riley, please get in the car." All I did was shake my head and continue. "Riley. Riley. Riley come on just get in the car. Ry come on.-" that's where I froze. See the only person who called my Ry was my only friend but she killed herself because of the bullying. I slowly turned around to look at Derek.

    "Don't you ever call me Ry got it. Not Ry, Not Ry-Ry its Riley for you. Got it, good." I could see surprise on my brothers face. I also saw his friends in the car with him looking surprised.

      He sighed before he opened his mouth again. "Mom said I have to drive you. So can you get in the car and eat something."

     "Hell no. Go screw yourself Derek. I'm done talking to you. Leave me alone. You don't get to start acting like a brother now." They all had their mouths hanging open. I never exploded. Never. With that I continued walking to school.

    When I got to schools the normal happened. Mostly some teasing but the whispers of my name were even louder than before. In two hours, it was finally lunch time and I could escape for thirty five minuets. When I entered the only attention on me was my brothers table. The populars. They all quieted down when Derek started looking at me, and made his way towards me. "Look Riley can you please eat. Moms worried, and wants me to make sure you eat." I had the urge to punch him.

I pushed past him only for him to grab my arm and stop me. "Come on. Mom will kill me if you don't eat. That's not healthy I understand you're sad but just eat holy shit."

I rolled my eyes and ripped my arm from his hand. "Just Stop! Alright I'm sick of you acting like a caring brother when in reality you're terrible. You make fun of me with the rest of everybody. We may be blood related but we will never be siblings. So leave me the hell alone." the entire cafetiria was silent after my outburst. I turned to leave until Alex our next Alpha and Dereks best friend spoke up.

"Is there a problem-" all I did was shake my head no and keep my head down. "Riley look at me now." I slowly looked up at him.

Shit.

All I heard in my head was 'Mate'

"No, no." Was all I could say while tears poured out of my eyes. See the populars bully me and well bullied Avery. I turned to leave but he caught me arm. I ignored the sparks that went up my arm and stayed quiet.

"I am not your mate. Got it." he harshly whispered. I nodded and when he let go I ran. I ran as fast as I could to the point where the wind burned my throat and I didn't stop. When I got home my mom and dad were there. They got up from the couch and asked me what's wrong.

"I want to go to a Boarding school. In a Australia." I wasn't even asking, I was demanding. I had looked into recently since Avery always talked about it and couldn't dream of anything better.

They both got quiet and I could tell they were talking in their heads to each other. "Okay sweetie. But we have to tell the entire pack. Its an order for when somebody leaves. Go and start packing." And so I did. I packed everything I could into 4 suitcases. I went back downstairs and my parents told me that most of the pack would be coming over soon.

I knew that they didn't object because they knew what I had been through. What has happened and how I couldn't take it anymore.

A couple hours later most of the pack was in our house. my Dad stood up and watered talking. "As you all know we have two children. Riley and Derek. Now, Riley will be leaving to go to a boarding school in Australia. Riley do you want to say anything." I walked to where my Dad was and started talking.

"Raise your hand if you go to my school and know who I am.-" a lot of hands went up.

"Screw all of you for making my life hell. And I wish hell on anybody who bullied me. Bye mom. Bye Dad." I gave them hugs and with that I left and walked into the car taking me.

'Thank God I'm leaving' is all I thought in my head.

••••••••