Akward Re-Meetings.

Riley's POV

"Alex," I said in a cautious, yet surprised voice. When I looked at him all those emotions I felt that day flooded back Anger, sadness, and surprise. Anger the most.

He had met my eyes and looked at me in confusion. Once he recognized me, his eyes grew in surprise and I could see the gears shifting.

"Riley?" His voice had been filled with disbelief as he took a step back his eyes going back to normal size. He cleared his throat as he looked over me. If I were him I would have been doing the same thing.

I wasn't a boney, pale figure anymore. I wasn't so skinny you could see my bones. I'd say I was the perfect size. I had a flat stomach and curves in the right places. I was now very tan and my brown hair had grown very long.

I looked over him again. He looked partially the same. He had more muscles and a more firm looking chest. He had light stubble covering his firm jaw. His face was still as handsome as ever. He really just looked older.

And he still had the brightest green eyes I had ever seen in my life.

I had looked back up at him, just to notice that he had an awkward little smile on his face. I felt that.

"You look g-good Riley..." He stutter trying to find the right words to use.

I gave him a small smile as I said "Um Thanks. I guess? You know what, I should go this is getting to awkward even for me. Bye" I rushed out like I was trying to get away from a fire.

I had walked into the bathroom and put my hands against the sink. My shoulders were hunched as I took deep breaths. Seeing him was just such a big deal to me. After years, here was my mate, right where I ran from him after he rejected me.

'You knew you were going to see him sooner or later.'

I rolled my eyes as I sighed.

'Yes but I forgot how attracted to him I would be.'

I couldn't quell the obvious attraction I instantly had towards him. Even though my wolf knew what he had done to me, that part still wanted him.

'Don't run back so soon. He hurt you so badly'

'I won't.'

I soon realized how weird I was being right now fighting against the little voice inside my head. Shaking my head, I washed my hands and opened the door; startled, I moved back.

Yet again I was met with the familiar sparks shooting through me. I looked up see Alex again. I grimaced as I stepped aside.

"This is getting to freakin weird and annoying," I mumbled as I walked out of the bathroom heading to the living room.

As I was walking away I heard him chuckle and I couldn't help the tiny smile that formed on my lips.

Stupid Mate love-connection thing.

+

I had joined my Mom, Derek and Dylan in the living room. A lot of the pack were sitting around playing video games, eating and just hanging around.

I walked up to Dylan and sat down next to him as he gave me a plate of food and nudged his shoulder into me. "Way to leave me alone." He whispered, leaving me to chuckle.