23

23: taken

jourdan:

"You never found Calia?" I ask my father. He slowly nods, disappointment in his eyes. I shook my head and bit my lip.

"And you stopped?" My voice breaking. I mean, if I was in Mr. Tates' position, I'd be devastated too. They lost their eight years old daughter, and having the case unsolve wouldn't help them find their daughter's justice.

"I promised you, Jourdan." My father said to me, I swallowed hard because tears were threatening to fall. "Dad, it wasn't solve yet. You didn't find Calia."

"Zeus almost died, chasing over that Alpha who had Calia. I needed to protect you, and your brother."

"I don't know, Dad."

I run out of the mansion. Probably because I don't know what to feel or even think about it or maybe because I blame myself. I blame myself for being so selfish. If I understood why my father always leave, maybe I didn't have to be so stubborn about this. Then maybe, my father found Calia. I wanted to ask about her, I want to know who's Calia is-- to Calum's life. But I know Calum won't talk, he's badly hurt about the fact that Calia went missing. But I know one who know Calia well enough.

"So, what's so important that you have to ring me this late?" I shrug towards the boy who stood before me. Maybe I didn't like Ashton much, it's only because of his sarcasm and crap.

"I want to know who Calia is." I swallowed hard, because the lump in my throat never left and it's making it hard for me to talk.

"Calia?" He chuckles deeply and shook his head. He shrugs and gave me an apologetic look. "I don't have to tell you, should I?"

"You're the only one that can tell me, Ashton." I say, pressing my lips in a straight line. I hear him scoff, before looking back at me.

"What do you want to know about her?"

"Who is she in Calum's eyes." I almost choke on my own spit in that statement. Part of me didn't want to hear it, but the other part was begging for me to know.

"Do you really want to know, Jourdan? Because I don't want you to know." Ashton says, biting his lower lip afterwards as if he slip something I should not know.

"Why would I even waste my time to call you at twelve o'clock if I wouldn't want to know." I countered, holding tight on the hem of my shirt as if I was preparing myself to what I was going to hear tonight.

"Calia was something, Jourdan. Calia was Calum's first love. I know it's funny because we're only eleven years old that time but you can't even count on how many Calum have tried to imprint Calia." Ashton's eyes soften after he told me about it, and all I know is, I felt knives stabbing my heart for a thousand times because knowing that I wasn't the first-- Calia was. He was so madly in love with her. I can tell it from the way Ashton told me and it's hurting me in just the thought of it.

"What happened next?" My voice was barely audible because I have let the lump in my throat invade and as soon as I finished talking, tears started to pour down.

"Then she was just gone." Ashton softly muttered. I nodded as if I understood but I wanted to know more. "Do you have any idea who took Calia?"

"It's her imprint for sure." He paused. "The one who chase them? It was him."

"Who?"

"The Alpha." He shrugs his shoulder and sighed deeply.

"Grayson?"