11/02

11/02: sudden death

▪ ▪ ▪

We were about to go downstairs when Renee suddenly stop me from taking another step.

"What?"

"He's going up." She mutters. I bit my lip and started to turn around to head towards the other way to get the hell out of here.

"Don't go that way, he's not alone." I swallowed hard. Can we take a cut and give me time to process this? Because Jourdan Seth ain't ready to let her life slip away in a few minutes after.

"Here,"

We both run to the hallway where we headed a while ago, Renee kept trying to open the rest of the rooms that were around but they were locked and there was no way to get out of here, it's a dead end.

Footsteps were heard, it's steppings became louder and louder as seconds go by. I was breathing unconciously, my chest kept going up and down. I was sweating as hell.

Renee had herself in front of me, it was as if she was trying to protect me. It's an alpha for God's sake, she would die.

"On three, run." She instructs and I nodded. "Wait, where?" I ask her.

"On that way." She pointed out the obvious, which was the hallway where the Alpha is going to come out and eat us alive.

The footsteps stopped and a man stood in front of us, for about six meters away. I shivered when I saw his nails. He was apparently big. Grayson, I remembered his name. He's Calum older cousin.

"Step away, Renee."

I stood there, gobsmacked. Grayson knows Renee?

"You're not going to hurt my best friend." I wasn't sure if I really saw Renee's nails getting longer by any second. I tried to convince myself but Renee is one of them.

"Give her to me- or else," Before we even know it, a body was thrown in the middle of the hallway as it rolls helplessly.

I started to recognize the body as I remembered that ripped stained suit and his perfectly messed blond hair. Luke.

Renee immediately broke down in sobs as her boyfriend flashed in front of her eyes, filled with blood.

Luke looked up to us, his eyes were pleading for help. His lips parted as he tried to say something.

Renee started to run towards him but before she could even touch him, something fast flashed before my eyes and pushed Renee away. She flew six feets back and I catched her to my arms.

I look up to someone who literally drag Luke by his feet back to the Alpha, it was Michael. I gave him a disgusted glare but he only returned a smirk on his face.

"You make your choice, sister." Michael mocks to Renee. Sister? I immediately scoot away from Renee. She's one of them and she's Michael's sister? I can't believe this. This is a big fat sick joke.

"It's not what you think, Jourdan." Renee reach for me, I slap her hand away and I broke into tears.

All these years? For all my life, I've spent years with a monster? No one even bothered to tell me this whole fucked-up lie?

"Oh, c'mon." I hear Michael groaning. "Sis, just pick. Okay? That easy." He smirks.

"Your guy or your best friend?" Michael had his eyebrow arch up, waiting for his sister's response.

"You asshole!" Before I could even process everything to what I just gathered, Renee went to attack Michael but he was too strong to let her make her move. Michael had thrown Renee up the ceiling and I was pretty much surprise. She could've break a bone from the impact but she stood up to her feet, having Michael to chokehold her against the wall.

"You prick, get off of her!" Even though I was devastated from Renee, I just can't let Michael kill my bestfriend. She was still my best friend, and we made our promise. I'm sticking to it even tho we're different.

I hit Michael on the face with my knuckles and I hopefully thought that I hit him bad because my knuckles stung and I gave so much force to knock him out, but I guess I was wrong.

Before I could even blink from what just I did, I was pushed by his hand and I flew almost ten feets away. I was expecting that I get to hit the board behind me but I didn't. Two arms wrap around me, protecting me from the impact. It was Calum.

I have my eyes over Renee that was three inches floating from the ground as Michael continued choking his sister to death. Ashton flashed around and basically hit Michael on his chest before he flew away. He immediately stood up and was after Ashton but Grayson stop him so.

Renee cough a few times before she stood up to glance to me and to Luke. I don't know if she's going to pick any from us.

"Are you going to pick now? Because the time is ticking, darling." Grayson flashed his red eyes, his claws was just a few inch before Luke's neck.

"Grayson, stop okay? If it's because I have attacked you last time, slip it off. We don't want any harm." Calum says, his hand were on mine and I wasn't sure if I want to let go.

"Oh, Cal. If it weren't because of you and your huge mistake, you're imprint won't be in danger." I look up to Calum and questioned him by his huge mistake. He swallowed hard and avoided contact with my eyes.

"Just let Luke go." He said through gritted teeth, his eyes started to glow yellow-ish.

"You don't decide, Cal. It's Renee, it's her boyfriend after all." Michael rolled his eyes. Calum scoffs and glared at him, before staring back at Renee who was currently in a deep thought.

Renee suddenly met Calum's gaze and Ashton's. I don't know but something probably has gone to their mind, maybe through telepathy because the three nodded. I didn't even have time to blink before they even move.

Ashton eventually went to attack Michael down the floor in just a nanosecond to hold him back still. Calum and Renee rushed towards Grayson, probably slit on his throat or something but I don't know if Calum would even kill Grayson.

It was when the two were only halfway through the hallway, they were too late.

My mind suddenly went to blank as everything around me went slow motioned. My eyes focused on Luke and nothing but Luke. Before I even know it, Grayson had his claws directly to Luke's neck. I wasn't sure if I scream the hell out of me when I have seen before my eyes, Luke's blood was all over the floor as he fell down- blue eyes wide open staring back at me. It haunt me, the sight will haunt me forever. 

I immediately fell on to the ground and for sure I was screaming from fear and from the loss of my friend, I was also crying. I wasn't the only one who had an emotional breakdown over this, Renee have herself crying and screaming at the same time. This sight was the hardest for her, she may not even get over it for years.

"You should've thought better," Grayson chuckles coldly, his eyes leaving Renee's and directly darted mine. I froze to the ground as the Alpha stared at me. As a huge evil grin was formed with his lips. "I warne you, didn't I?"

Renee immediately stood up to her feet, running towards Grayson with her fastest pace, attacking the Alpha.

But how much she wants her payback from Luke's death, it was useless.

Grayson's hand definitely choke Renee, before even throwing her back to me. She hit the wall behind me and I was sure it cracked.

Then I look over Calum. Is he going to fight back or he'll just let Grayson kill every friend of mine?

His fists were balled to his side, his eyes were glowing but he didn't made a move. He didn't.

punch me in da face dammit, i killed luke off but i have to im cryng