14

14: back for you

▪ ▪ ▪

It has been three days since the last time I talked and saw Calum. He haven't contact anyone from us, even Acer. Ashton wasn't able to hear anything from Calum, he suppose that he's on the other side of the country. I am worried, really. I can't even hide it. Because everytime that I talk, his name would always slip out of my mouth. I miss him.

We have only been together for like one week but not seeing him for like 24 hours was getting me sick, what more for three days I feel so miserable.

A lot of happen in just three days without him. Luke's funeral was yesterday and I surely have cried a river while Renee gave her speech. Everyone was there except for Calum.

My parents called last night that they would be coming home for Christmas holidays. Christmas is like in two weeks and Calum isn't even home yet.

Renee decided to leave Grayson's Alpha and was hoping to join Calum's, I don't even know he have a pack. A pack of two? Ashton was only his friend who also left their old pack. Renee have to wait for Calum so they could talk.

"Renee, what do you want for Christmas?" I nudge her forearm that was next to mine.

"What? It's too early for presents." She chuckled.

"No. I just wanted to ask, Christmas is coming!" I playfully elbowed her waist. She squirm away and pouted. I know how much ticklish she is.

"This is like the first Christmas without Luke." She heavily sighed, her face soften to the thought of it. "Renee, you shouldn't think about it anymore." I slightly pat her shoulder.

She inhaled before nodding and I smiled warmly. Renee decided to go over Luke's parents house for personal condolence afterwards.

I came home tired and empty. I didn't even mind Ace calling me downstairs because my mind's floating. I climb up my bed and I decided to wrap myself in a cocoon. Probably I'll spent my whole afternoon like this, wrap in this sheets til I finally drift off.

I heard a knock on the door and I didnt bother to open it for Acer. The door creak open and I rolled my eyes. I need some privacy for Pete's sake.

"Ace, I don't feel good. Just step out of my room." I muttered. I wonder if he even heard my small voice because I feel the bed moving and a hand crawled to my forehead. I shook my head trying to remove his hand but he didn't even flinch or sent me sarcasm like he always do.

"Are you okay?"

It seems like everything froze when I suddenly realize that the person behind me wasn't Acer.

It feels like my heart immediately jump to life and my stomach churned due to hearing his voice.

I quickly sat up and spun myself around to see him. He smiled warmly, sitting cross-legs in front of me. Is he real?

I wrap my arms around him and I could feel his warmth. He's real.

"Sorry." I whispered. "I'm very sorry." I say back, before I knew it tears started to stream down my cheeks. I wasn't sure because I have seen many hallucinations of Calum but I know this wasn't one of them anymore and I wish it is.

He move me away just to meet our eyes as he hold my shoulders. I scanned his face and I could see a small wound on his eyebrow. His eyes drawn into me I almost felt like melting through his piercing stare. I can't even read him nor point out what was his emotion. He was staring blankly at me for a longer time before his lips curve into a small smile.