21

21: before her eyes

jourdan:

It was likely unbelievable that we finished painting the living room and the kitchen. All day, we painted and kissed, painted and kiss some more. It was fun tho, when we joke around and play. I feel happy and there was nothing for me to worry.

"Oh, they're here!" I clap my hands when I hear the truck outside. Calum stopped from painting the ceiling to look down on me in a questioning way.

I didn't have time to answer him because I already squinted towards the door to open it for them. "Your orders are here, ma'am." The man showed up with an annoyed look on me. Probably he noticed how mess my face is, with all the white and blue paint. "Just signed over here so we could help you place the furnitures in, already." He smiled warmly. I nod and took the pen and sign the paper.

"What the hell?" Calum shook his head in surprise, watching me as I instructed the guys to put the new table in the middle of the new couches.

I instructed them to put the tv set down because the walls aren't still dry yet. I asked them to leave the other things I've ordered in the porch. "Is this for real?" Calum's eyebrows arches up.

"Yeah." I roll my eyes and beamed a smile. "Okay, ma'am. Thanks for the orders. I hope you have a nice marriage together." The man waves his hand before motioning his boys to come back to their truck.

My cheeks immediately heated up from the man's statement. Marriage, seriously? I look up to Calum who tried to keep a straight face, his cheeks flushed red like mine.

"L-let's just, uh.. continue painting." I pointed the kitchen and started to march over there, leaving him behind. That's just awkward.

"How much have you cost on all of that?" Calum followed right behind me. I stop to turn around and smiled, "Not your business." I snap at him playfully.

"Not my business? It's in my house." He says, his hands flailing in the air. "Aren't you pleased?" I ask him, crossing my arms.

"Aren't I pleased?" He scoff, repeating my words. "Of course I am, but the problem is you threw a lot of money for me."

"You think I'm doing it for you?" I scoff, chuckling nervously. "What?" He says in confusion. "I'm doing this for me." I pointed myself in a passionate way.

"What?"

"You know I can't stand your house everytime I look at it, and so I thought it need a new look." I say, smiling at him before turning on my heels and headed to the kitchen.

"But-" I cut him off quickly. "If you want to have a family, you might want to have a pleasant house." I told him. His mouth went agape and cheeks colored red, I laugh to myself mentally and went to finish the painting.

▪ ▪ ▪

That was tiring.

Calum and I finished painting and fixing the sala at 6:00. We hop in the couch afterwards while watching The Walking Dead Season 4 marathon. I didn't mind going home late, my parents can't do anything about it tho. They know I'm still disappointed about them.

While I check my phone to read the messages from Renee and Acer, I can't help but look up to Calum who's eyes are fixilated to the television. He seems to be really interested in the flesh eating dead coming back to life.

"Fun fact, the reason I took that shortcut where we met was because I tried to catch up to watch the new episode of The Walking Dead." I chuckled, shaking my head on how stubborn I was. But I didn't regret taking that shortcut though.