22

this chapter is short, aye. because mostly flashbacks about the new character yeah.

2007:

▪ ▪ ▪

"What's the problem, Zeus?" Dean walked out from the hospital room as he decided to answer the phone call that was begging for him to finally answer. He panted, taking one of the unoccupied seat on the side of the hallway. Looking over the room occassionally to check on his son who was admitted to be having a dengue fever.

"We have another case, Dean." The man's raspy voice from the other line rang through his ear. He almost rolled his eyes, getting tired of his job already. "Zeus, I have my son in the hospital. You can't just-" But Zeus immediately cutted him off, getting him frustrated from that moment on.

"This is a serious case, Dean and I need you." Zeus countered, leaving Dean unsure. He sighed over the long silence, between the both line.

"Daddy? Where are you heading?" Before he was even able to stand up and leave the hallway, a small hand had tug his gray shirt down. He turned his heels around to face the young girl he have been taking care of.

"I'm going somewhere, Sweettie. Tell your mom, I have to be going already." He slowly tilted his daughter's chin to make her look at him, sad hazel eyes met his and his heart almost fell in just the sight of it.

"Not again, Dad. You always leave us, you always do." The eleven year old brunette frowned and look down, squirming away from his father's touch.

"This is the last time, Jourdy. I won't leave you and your brother anymore." He promise. The girl sighed before beaming a wide smile to her father, complete satisfaction was written on her face.

"Promise?" Her eyes gleam from the excitement of having her father's arms back into her small figure. "I promise." He agreed to his daughter's plea, having no option yet still unsure.

The girl once embrace her father before she ran back inside the room to tell her mother about his father's last trip to nowhere. He then gathered himself and finally left the hospital.

"Pl-please, find my daughter." The woman almost beg down to her knees and pleaded. The policeman shook his head before he gather the woman to her feet and made her believe that they would do anything-- everything to find her daughter. Zeus scoff to the policeman's statement, liar, he thought and shook his head. The crime scene happened in the middle of the road, it was a terrible car accident. Yet, how could an eleven year old girl would gone missing? That's what Zeus was trying to find out, him, waiting for the police to leave so he could go on and investigate by himself. But before that, he have to chase after the crying woman and talk to her first before he make his first move.

"Something was chasing us." The woman stated, sobs between sobs. She shook her head to calm herself, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"Something?"

"It wasn't human, it has claws!" The woman exclaims, bringing her hand to her mouth-- gasping.

"Why was it chasing you?"

"I-I don't have-- it wanted my daughter, that monster have my daughter!" The woman then again, shrieked. Her bloodshot eyes keeps on shredding tears-- almost like a waterfalls that never stop pouring down.

"What about your daughter--Calia, if I'm not mistaken. What was her reaction to the happening?"

"Sh-she told me to pull over, she wanted to talk to that monster. I did not know why, I was scared because it was right behind our car-- like lightning, it was very fast for a normal person to run. She tried to stop me, so she went and messed my driving in attempt to stop me. Right after that, we drove into a huge tree. I didn't remember anything anymore after that." The woman sighed, still sobbing aftewards.

A loud banging on the door have waken up Calvin and his family. It was a voice of an old man, screaming at the top of his lungs for some important reason.

"Dad, what was that?" Mali, his daughter of an age of sixteen, asked her father in a worried-questioning way.

"Stay here, Mali and don't get your brother in trouble." Calvin warned his daughter, stepping towards the door and flung it open revealing a frustrated man with a gun on his hand.

"Mr. Tates?"

"Where is my daughter!?" The man's voice made Mali cringe. She hold down her younger brother, who was confused on the situation.

"Mr. Tates, we don't kn-" A gunshot to their father's shoulders had their eyes in horror. Mali's mother immedieately called the police in order to arrest the man.

"You tell me! Where is Calia?!" The man held his gun on the young boy's forehead. "Mr. T-tates, w-we don't kn-know where your daughter is." Mali, nervously says to the man in his rage. Her hold on her younger brother tightens.

It was when another gunshot was heard from the neighborhood.

▪ ▪ ▪

love their names tho zeus and dean ha