30 | all i want

SONG:
Hozier - From Eden

Episode 30:
ALL I WANT

≫ ≫ ≫

L A W R E N C E ' S P O V :

Elliott barged into the room like he had meth shoved in his pant pockets and drug dogs were on his scent. Trying to stay cool, but still in a noticeable rush. What he was running from? Well, maybe drug dogs, but that isn't really like the brooding bastard.

He walked up to our table, and immediately slouched in his seat as he leaned over and read a text he'd received.

"Mr. Mass, care to explain why you came in late to one of the most important classes a developing mind might benefit from?" Mr. Jeffery asked, adjusting his thin-rimmed glasses as he looked up from his novel.

"Not particularly," he stated, and I raised my eyebrows.

"Look who grew the balls to be a smart ass to a teacher," I smirk, and he rolls his eyes before leaning back in his seat once more.

"Ahem," Hazel, the curly haired red head in front of me was staring me down with an annoyed look. Her fingers pointed to the crinkled sheet of notebook paper before me.

"We got so screwed for this fucking project," chimed Maya, the blonde sitting beside her restlessly. She was always doing something, I noticed. Whether that be tapping her fingers on the wooden table or clicking her tongue quietly, she was aimlessly staring around the room for the past forty minutes before she decided to talk for once. Yet, in those forty minutes of silence I found it hard to redirect my focus from her little fidgets.

"Well, glad to know how you feel," I sneer, and she looks at me with lasers for eyes.

"You've been gone for the whole semester, remind me to be more thankful when you actually know what the fuck you're doing. I only said it because today both you and the moron beside you have been MIA or out of order. You're the latter, in case you couldn't figure it out on you're own, given you're slow." She patted my shoulder, and sat back with a challenging glint in her yellow-tinted eyes.

"Hm," I smile, before picking up her pencil and snapping it in half.

"What the hell?" She yells, drawing all eyes to our table and I grin, satisfied.

"What? Does it bother you?" I ask, and she growled in anger before turning to Hazel.

"See what I mean?"

"I try to ignore it," she mumbles, scribbling furiously into her notebook.

"Well, it's getting hard to ignore! You guys are a bunch of idiots, I want a new group!" Maya stood up from her seat and walked up to the teachers desk, while everyone else in the group remained silent. Elliott was still glued to his phone, Hazel to the cheap ass notebook paper, and me, well, Maya sure had a nice ass.

All this scolding got that thing jiggling, man.

"This is not up for debate, Miss Bennet, you got paired with these people and you have to work with them. In the real world you're going to get paired with – "

"In the real world I'll be a fucking hermit if this is what being a member of 'the real world' entails. All the guys do is get on my nerves, or not even bother to show up! This is 25 percent of my grade, and I am not about to let these imbeciles impact that future of mine, you so love to remind me of, Mr. Jeffery!" She says, seething his name angrily as her rant comes to a close.