15 | alternate universe

Episode Fifteen:
ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

≫    ≫   ≫

E L L I O T T ' S P O V :

She disappeared. Evaporated, dissipated, and disintegrated to nothing more than a fading blur when his arms wrapped tightly around her forearm and pulled. Taking her with him – dragging her with him as they left the stadium.

"Elliott! Way to go!" Hollers Daka, coming down from his seat as we waste no time to return to the car, what's there left to see here? She's gone now.

No one's here.

See, he takes everything with him. Fawn, my composure, sanity. There's nothing more for him to latch onto, so now he's leeching on limbs, and heartbeats. Things you aren't supposed to take.

You can't own a human.

Can't carry it around like a rag doll, and let it get dirty as its face scrapes against the dirty concrete. You just can't, but he does. And it's starting to piss me off that I can't do anything without feeling like he's stealing something from me every passing second the things I'm familiar with are lost.

I don't like Fawn.

Sometimes I have to remind myself this, but seeing him treat her so –
I'm human, and I would be lying if I said I didn't care. Even if she doesn't care about me, and even if she yells at me at that darn grocery store a hundred times – I will always care.

It's human nature to care about things that bring you comfort.
Even if it's the strangest, most annoyingly familiar comfort that can drive you mad, it'll always have that place in your heart.

She'll always have a place in my heart.

"Hey, you mind if I ride home with Isla?" Daka asks, pulling down on his long sleeves as he stares down at his cellphone screen.

"Um, yeah, why?" I ask, and he gestures to the tall Ukrainian transfer waving him down from across the parking lot behind me with the nod of his head.

"You know that chick is nothing but trouble, right?" I ask, and he shakes his head with a light chuckle sounding around him as he begins his walk over.

"Trouble's hot man,"

"How long have you been flirting with her anyway, a month?" I ask, and he grins glancing back to the girl with a wink before responding.

"I've been hitting on her since she got here,"

"Whatever, just go," I laugh, pushing him towards her.

I turn around to face the girl parked a ways down in the corner, long blonde hair, hazel eyes and I knew from past conversations a killer accent. Dressed in a thick coat and a pair of pastel pink mittens the girl stood waiting, until Dakarai strolled over to her with the swagger I knew he had in him and conquered his prey.

Just kidding, but that was more cinematic than – he walked over and said 'Hi!' politely.
Catch my drift?

Shaking my head, I turn back around and walk back to the car more than ready to pass out when I arrive back at the house. I guess it wouldn't be such a bad thing to drive home alone. Nothing new, that's for certain.