04 | unknown number

Episode Four :
UNKNOWN NUMBER

≫ ≫ ≫

F A W N ' S P O V :

"There he goes!" Dakarai yells, waving his hand off in the direction of Elliott's shrinking figure. I stare at his back, until he unlocks the door to his apartment, steps inside, then promptly slams the door behind him in a fit of frustration.

"Fawn, you sure you're okay?" Mass looks down at me, and I nod my head a few times, still a bit lightheaded as the world continues to spin circles around me. I find myself leaning with the tilting walls, nearly falling again as I lose my balance.

"Fawn, I don't think you're okay." I shake my head in response, refusing to let anyone feel any form of pity for me.

"I'm fine." I state, holding my hand up, "All I want is to go home, and sit on the couch with a nice big sack of frozen peas on my forehead."

I try to walk, but I'm still lightheaded, feeling myself losing my stability I lean back onto Dakarai for the necessary support.

"Does it hurt?" He asks, and I want to whip around and glare at him, but when I do, I end up crashing back into him again.

"I'm just gonna go with yes."

I nod my head, and struggle to find my balance as the world continues to perform acrobatics around me. Placing both of my hands firmly on the walls of the hallway, I inch my way towards the door to my family's apartment. Just a few more steps, and—

Home.

"You sure you're gonna survive tonight?" Dakarai laughs, and I swat his shoulder annoyed by his doubt of my well being.

"I'm. Fine—" I wait for him to do something, but he just stands there.

"Leave!" I yell, but the loud and sudden noise irritates my overly sensitive brain.

"Okay, okay. I'm going woman!" Dakarai walks away, and I might have chased after him, and torn his soul from his own flesh, for calling me 'woman', but I didn't because my head was pulsing with pain, and the idea of running was preposterous.

As I fight to get the door open, I am greeted by my mother who nearly causes me to fall yet again, as I topple through the abruptly opened door.

Wow, my luck is through the roof today.

"Woah! Honey, are you okay?" My mom asks, grabbing onto my arm as I am lead back to the sofa.

"I'm perfectly fine, Mom." My dad walks out of the bathroom, his hair still wet as he looks at my mother and I in a state of confusion.

"What happened?" He asks, and I am about ready to kill anyone who questions how I feel at this point in time. It would be better if everyone just left me alone at this point. Because if we are to review things –

My head is throbbing.
The room is spinning.
And the last thing I want to do right now is talk to people about it.

I honestly just want to sleep. Sleep sounds great.

I begin to daze off, when my father abruptly shakes me. Shakes me!

"Don't go to sleep, Fawn! What if you have a concussion?"