10 | 'love'bite

Episode Ten :
'LOVE'BITE

≫ ≫ ≫

F A W N ' S P O V :

I sometimes think I could live without a mirror. Up until now I've never been the type to stare intently at my appearance in the morning, not even to take a quick glance to see how I look.

Maybe I just find it to be conceeded and egotistical, but I think it's because I've never really cared how people saw me. The few people who did that is, before I met Mallory and Karissa I was nothing more than a outcast academic – among many others.

Now, I can't seem to help but stare at the purple mark right beneath the line of my jaw.
His mark. Lawrence's.

I don't think Elliott noticed it, to which I'm more than grateful. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself knowing that he was aware of what, or rather who, I had come from. Mortifying.

The crinkles on the sides of my eyes have drooped to hollow dark bags, I've been carrying with me this whole weekend. I haven't really left the house. I don't want people to see the hickey. Now it seems to be unavoidable as I force myself to leave for school, hating the way my hair poofs up when I wrap the striped wool scarf around my neck like I'm off to Hogwarts.

I hate the way I can still see it, feel it, force myself to own that mark.
Even though no one else will – see it. Even though I physically can not.

"Fawn!" Morgan groans, and I spin around clutching to the fabric as a source of security.

"Are you coming?" She asks impatiently, pacing the doorway while clicking her tongue.

"Mm hm," I mumble, not in the mood to speak.
Not in the mood to exist in such a pathetic state.

≫   ≫   ≫

"Fawn, Fawn, Fawn!" Mallory calls, grabbing onto my arms as she runs up to me on our way to lunch, big blue eyes beaming with excitement.

"W-What?" I ask.

"Oh nothing," she grins, and I try my best to care about how she's acting. But I'm tired. I just want to go home, and escape her cackling.

I smile feeling bad for the thing I'm thinking about the sweet girl before me. Short brown hair, sparkling blue eyes – innocent.

Something we don't share now. We used to share that.
Pathetic.

I rub the spot on my neck, the fabric becoming itchy due to my allergy of wool. I would've worn another, but I only owned this one scarf. It's from a few years back. It was a gift from Ma, before she passed.

Before I slept on the floor.

"Is that all?" I ask tired.

"Um, yeah – Fawn?" She glances to it. Right where it is.

"Is that? Don't tell me that you had –"

"No!" I yell, and look down to see the way my scarf had loosened around my neck revealing the prominent 'love'bite.