Chapter 43-Maggie's POV

(A/N) This is the last chapter so it will be really long. I plan to make this book end with a BANG! You'll see what I mean towards the end of this chapter. Mwahahaha!! Happy Reading!

It's been a week since the wedding and my flat was completely silent. John had moved out of 221b Baker Street and lives with Mary on the other side of London.

I laid on my back on my couch.

No murders or robberies, that interested Sherlock anyway, had occurred. It was strangely quiet.

Something was bound to happen soon but I found myself often wishing for it to come sooner. I was dreadfully bored.

I considered calling Mycroft and asking if he found anything of interest. I shrugged and picked up the phone. No harm in checking

It rang twice before Mycroft picked up. "Maggie, for the fourth time, I haven't found anything in the papers."

Had I really called him four times?

"Are you sure? Not even a simple case? Nothing?" I sound desperate but I don't care at the moment. I was desperate despite what I wanted to think. I had to face the facts.

"Nothing the police can't handle." Mycroft replied.

I groaned. "But, Mycroft, it's been a week! I'd hate to think how Sherlock is handling this if I've called you three times."

"Four times. Four times you've called me and four times I've found nothing. Cases aren't going to spring up from the ground whenever you're bored." Mycroft said.

"Well they should. It's not fair." I grumbled.

"Stop calling and go see Sherlock. I'm sure he'd love the company." Mycroft suggested.

"Sherlock enjoy company?" I laughed. When Mycroft remained silent I continued. "Fine, I'll go see Sherlock. But if it's a complete wreck I am not cleaning it up."

"Good bye, Maggie." Mycroft said and waited for me to hang up.

I clicked the end button and slid my phone into my pocket. I threw my trench coat on over my dark green button up shirt and black pants.

I opened the door and hurried downstairs and into the main room. "Bye Ms. Lancer!" I called as I hurried outside. I heard her shout something back that sounded like a goodbye and a warning not to stay out too late. The front door closed behind me before I could properly hear her.

The wind whipped around me and I pulled my coat closer to my body. Thankfully, I only had a little over two blocks to walk to Baker Street.

My footsteps hurried along the pavement as I watched for the door marked with 221B.

My eyes roamed the area aimlessly. I wasn't looking for anything specific. Just something to catch my interest briefly.

I felt myself collide into someone and I hurriedly looked at them.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you." I said, looking at him. "John?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, uh, hey Maggie. Going somewhere?" John asked, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

"I was just going to see Sherlock. John...are you alright? You seem anxious." I asked.

"Oh, I'm, uh....I'm fine." John said, not very convincing.

"John...what's wrong?" I asked, looking into his deep blue eyes.

He sighed. "Well, uh, we just found out Mary was pregnant."

I gasped. "John, that's terrific! Why are you so upset?" I asked.

"I'm not ready, Maggie! I don't have any idea how to take care of a child!" John exclaimed.