Chapter 2

John Watson felt as if it was important to tell Sherlock about the woman. How did she know he was a soldier? Was she like Sherlock? Dear god he hoped not, he can barely keep Sherlock under control imagine another one just encouraging him.

He stepped into his flat only to find Sherlock laying on the couch with his finger tips under his chin.

John cleared his throat. "Good afternoon, Sherlock. I got food." He said and carried the bags towards the fridge. He stopped right in front of it. "You don't have any more 'experiments' in here do you?" John asked cautiously.

"No." Sherlock said simply.

John nodded and started putting the food in it's rightful place.

As soon as he did that, John went straight to his laptop.

He opened up his blog and started typing up the latest of the murder cases the two had solved.

The woman was still on John's mind and as he reread though his paragraph, he realized he was typing his confrontation with the woman.

John groaned in frustration and deleted the paragraph.

"Something bothering you, John?" Sherlock said emotionlessly.

"Yes actually." John said and leaned back in his seat, figuring now was a better time than ever to tell Sherlock about the woman.

But Sherlock made no sign of speaking.

"Aren't you going to ask?" John asked, placing his hands on his knees.

Sherlock glanced over at John. "Well, I wasn't particularly interested." He said.

John just rolled his eyes and told him anyway. "Well I was walking back from the store when I ran into a woman. She was maybe five foot five and she was rather thin. She had brown hair and was rather pretty-"

"John, I don't need to hear about another one of your girlfriends." Sherlock interrupted.

John glared at him and continued. "Anyway, she apologized and we talked a bit. But before she left she...saluted me and winked. As if she could read that I was a soldier like you did." He explained.

Sherlock looked rather interested but he covered it up quickly.

"Well it is quite obvious, John. She probably guessed and you gave it away when you saluted back." Sherlock shrugged it off and closed his eyes again.

"How did you know I saluted back? You know what, Never mind I don't want to know." John waved him off and returned to his blog.

Sherlock's phone buzzed and Sherlock picked it up.

It was silent before suddenly John heard a bang. He swung around and saw Sherlock staring wide-eyed at his phone, which was laying on the ground with a fresh scratch on the screen.

"Sherlock? You alright?" John asked and looked at him up and down.

Suddenly, Sherlock started laughing.

"Sherlock? Do you need some help?" John scooted a bit farther away from the smiling Sherlock, prepared to call Lestrade or the hospital if things went extreme.

He looked at John and kept grinning.

"Sherlock? What's going on?" John asked getting slightly frustrated.

"Nothing, John. Absolutely nothing is wrong. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a murder scene to attend to." Sherlock jumped up and ran to his room to change into his suit.

John snuck over to Sherlock's phone and read the message.

It was from Mycroft. What would Mycroft say to make Sherlock so happy?