Chapter 40-Maggie's POV

Darkness.

That was all my mind could register at the moment. I tried to open my eyes but they felt as if they were glued shut. I winced as I felt a sudden strike of pain through my head. I had been hit hard on the head. But my lungs burned as well.

I must've been drugged and when I fell, I hit my head hard on the floor.

All I heard was an annoying ringing in my ears. Muffled voices were almost completely blocked by the ringing.

The ringing and muffled voices faded in and out.

I forced my eyes open and looked around. It was dark but the muffled voices were still there. Not one person was in sight though.

I blinked and noticed I was staring at my ceiling. Well, the ceiling of my American flat. Not my ceiling back in London.

I looked around for the source of the voices and saw that my television was clicked on. Some tv show with a blue box was on. I turned it off and slowly struggled to my feet.

My hair was matted with dried blood and a small puddle of it was on my nice wooden floors.

"Oh, why did I have to make such a mess?" I muttered, searching for cleaning supplies.

Nobody was in my flat, which was strange. Somebody knocked me out and just...left? Nothing seemed to be missing. Not even my phone, which had slipped out of my pocket and lay abandoned on the floor.

I picked it up and saw that I had one voicemail. It was from Charles's number.

I played the message while cleaning up the mess.

"Hello Maggie. When you hear this, you will be very confused as to why you were knocked out yet nothing was taken. Well, let's just say it's part of my plan. I won't tell you anything else for fear that you may slip up and tell Sherlock my plans. Speaking of Sherlock, I have a feeling he's searching for you...and you know what will happen if he finds you." Charles laughed, "Oh and one more thing...has John told you about his engagement? I might just...Crash the party." He emphasized the 'crash'. He then chuckled again. His laughter was the last I heard of the message.

I gulped and anger made my blood boil. If he does anything to John or Mary, I will personally kill him.

I finished cleaning the mess and hurried to the shower to clean my wounds and my hair.

The shower felt so good, my muscles relaxed under the hot water and I closed my eyes. Just enjoying the warm water running over me.

My phone going off pulled me out of my trance. I turned off the water and quickly wrapped a towel around me. I hurried out to answer it, almost slipping on the floor.

I answered. "Hello?" My voice sound agitated and angry.

"Maggie? Are you alright?" Mycroft's voice surprised me.

"Yeah. Just a bit...busy." I said, wincing as I remembered my injured head.

"I haven't heard anything from Sherlock or you about the...situation. I figured I could check up on things.

"Um, well, can I call you back?" I asked, feeling light headed from all the blood I had lost.

"Of course. But if you don't call back in five minutes, I'm calling you." Mycroft said.

"Alright. I'll talk to you later, Mycroft." I said, my words slightly slurred from my dizziness.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Mycroft didn't bother to hide his concern like Sherlock usually did.