Chapter 31-Maggie's POV

I settled back on my couch with a warm cup of tea on my glass coffee table. I had been laying like this for quite a while. I had lost track of time.

Mrs. Lancer had come up earlier to try and cheer me up. It had worked a little and I was no longer sad. Only anger and boredom was on my mind.

I twirled my thumbs around hastily. I needed something to keep me busy. I sat up and stared at my phone, willing for someone to call me.

My phone lit up and I jumped in surprise. I should stare at my phone more often. Maybe I'd get more calls.

"Hello?" I answered, not checking the number.

"Hello. Miss. Jones I presume?" A very formal voice came through the phone.

"Who is this?" I asked and sat up straighter.

"So you're the woman Sherlock is so fond of. Pity, really. You could do so much better." He continued.

"How do you know who I am? Who is this?" I asked, my voice getting stronger.

"Meet me for yourself. How about the pool downtown in...an hour. Nice and quiet. Oh, and don't mention this to anyone. Come alone. We have some things to discuss." The mystery man said. The call ended and I lowered the phone, staring at the wall in front of me blankly.

I guess I'm going to the pool.

*************************************

The building was cold and the wind tossed my hair around my face gently. I brushed my long curly black hair out of my face as I stepped carefully into the building.

"Hello?" I called softly in the empty room.

"Margaret Jones. You're even prettier in person." I turned to face the man who had spoken.

He was short and had thinning brown hair. His eyes were a dark green which matched his button down shirt. His black dress pants led down to his shiny black shoes.

"How do you know who I am?" I asked staring intently at the man.

"Oh, do forgive me. My name is Charles. Charles August Magnussen to be exact. It's a pleasure to meet you." Charles stuck out his hand for me to shake.

I glanced at it and put my hands behind my back. He shrugged and pulled his hand away. "Fair enough." He said as he did so.

"What do we have to discuss? We've only just been acquainted." I said with a smirk on my lips.

Charles's chuckle was low and dark. "True. But I need a favor."

"Don't men buy women a drink first?" I said sarcastically.

Charles laughed lightly. "Not this time. It's more of a...deal."

I tilted my head slightly and my smirk disappeared. "What kind of deal?" I asked.

"Just a small one. Not a big deal." Charles shrugged.

"What's the deal?" I asked, getting slightly annoyed. I was actually intrigued by this mysterious man. I couldn't deduce much from him. Only that he preferred to handle things businesslike and to the point.

"How's Sherlock, lately?" Charles asked suddenly.

I narrowed my eyes slightly at the mention of his name. "Fine." I spat.

Charles had an amused expression on his face when he said, "Oh? Someone not very happy with the Consulting Detective?"

I ignored him and turned to leave. "I'm not going to waste my time talking to you. I have better things to do." I said and started walking towards the exit. I saw a red dot like a laser pointer land on my chest. I stopped walking and looked around for the source of the dot.