Chapter 13-Maggie's POV

I was searching for Sherlock when John's phone went off.

"Sherlock? Where are you?" John asked, concern clear in his voice. as he walked towards St. Barts.

John listened to Sherlock on the other side of the phone and pulled me over to stand by him, across the street from St.Barts.

John listened again before looking up.

"Bloody hell." He muttered as he looked up.

I followed his gaze and saw a tall, lean figure standing on the ledge of the roof.

I felt my breath catch in my throat and watched in disbelief at my best friend standing at such a height. He stood taller than ever at the moment.

I blocked out everything around me until John's hand nudged my shoulder.

"He wants to talk to you." He said, still watching Sherlock carefully.

I took the phone.

"Sherlock, you bastard, get down here before you fall." I said, my tears making it difficult to breathe.

"I can't Maggie. I can't." He said and I could hear that he was having trouble speaking as well.

"Sherlock. Do you remember that time in 10th grade when I fell off the wall next to our school?" I asked.

There was a long pause.

"Yeah." He said softly.

"You caught me before I hit the ground. I don't think I'll be able to return the favor." I tried joking but an involuntary sob escaped my lips.

"You won't. Maggie, I want you to know that...I'm glad you came to London. I'm glad I saved you. I'm glad you came into my life." Sherlock said.

"Sherlock, what's going on? You never compliment people on your own free will." I said suspiciously. I already knew that he was about to jump, but I need to hear it.

"Before I...go I need to tell you something." Sherlock said, avoiding my question.

"What is it?" I asked with tears blurring my vision of his shadowy figure.

"I'm sorry."

"Sherlock, wait-" I tried to protest.

"Goodbye Maggie. I'm going to miss you." Sherlock said before hanging up.

"Sherlock!" I shouted uselessly.

I watched as he lifted his arms up and fell.

He fell.

Everything went in slow motion. John and I were watching in horror as Sherlock fell through the air.

My vision blurred until Sherlock's body was but a dark blob in my vision.

His body disappeared behind a truck and we heard the sickening smack of his body hitting the concrete ground.

"Sherlock!" I heard myself scream and I watched John sprint into action and run towards the site of Sherlock's cold body.

A bike knocked John off his feet and he sprawled to the ground. I hurried forward and dragged John to his feet.

He stumbled after me as we both heading towards the large crowd forming around Sherlock.

"Let me through! He's my friend!" John shouted as he pushed his way through the people.

I stayed behind and watched Sherlock's still face under his mop of blood stained curls that reminded me of my own.