Chapter One.

All Rights Reserved.

No part of this story or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the author.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood in my room staring out at the horizon. The cloudy morning sky was truly beautiful. For a life that I was forced to lead, I would say I'm still quite blessed and privileged to have such facilities.

A decent state of the art room alongside a balcony that had one of the best sky views I've seen. If it wasn't for this balcony, I don't know what way would I have chosen to let it all out.

In two months, my life had changed so drastically.

Two months ago, if I felt disturbed or had a problem I would have talked to my friends or cousins about it. I always had a desperate need to vent out my thoughts or it would eat me up inside. But now, I just look up at the sky and try to drift away in thoughts and memories of the times when I was happy, the times when I had no worries, the times when I was free spirited, the times that would never come back for all the riches in the world.

I remembered, the only time that I managed to have a decent conversation with Zephyr. Although it was once, but it was one intense conversation that I would not soon forget. That too, it took place right after the declaration of us getting married. He seemed like a nice person but nevertheless I knew he had secrets of his own as he sent off dangerous vibes.

Zephyr's parents had forced us to sign a non-disclosure agreement/contract/prenuptial that consisted of many terms and rules. A few of which, I faintly remember.

They are as follows:

•We were to stay in holy matrimony for at least 5 years and if by then we still can't get along, we're allowed a divorce.

•Staying in the Zeus Mansion is a necessity for both parties, unless for vacation or business purposes.

•No violence will be displayed towards each other throughout this period.

•The wife will not be allowed to work and will have to live of the family and husband's fortune.

•Once the honeymoon period is over, the husband has to officially start working in the family company and earn a fruitful living for himself and his wife.

There were a few other things too, but right now I just couldn't think of it.

We have now been married for a month so to say. The whole engagement and wedding facade that we had to put on for our marriage to look real took up about a month. I tried my best to be at least friendly with Zephyr but he was always hard and cold towards me. I don't know what made him feel that way about me but I sensed...No! I knew he disliked me. It wasn't always like that though, he used to at least acknowledge me before. But the closer we got to our marriage date and as the rules, regulations, terms and conditions were explained to us, he had changed. The little warmth that was in him, had faded. I had a feeling that he knew of something that I didn't know or wasn't informed about.

I stood under the sky as the clouds moved to let out a hot shining sun as I felt the warmth slowly seeping and sinking into my skin. This was my only escape, the only way I could stay sane after such baffling and horrendous nightmares.

From the time we exchanged vows, Zephyr was never to be seen around. After our wedding dinner reception, he had put on an act of being madly in love with me and doing the whole traditional bridal style carrying as we sneaked away from the party. For a moment then, I had felt worried and nervous about the outcome of this. I was worried about the whole consummating of the marriage deal.