Chater 10 (last chapter)

Shannon walked down the hall and went over to Rosie's cell. "Hey Rosie, come on."

Rosie got up and walked over to Shannon, put her hands behind her back and turned around.

"No need for that," Shannon said as she held the cell door open for Rosie with a huge smile on her face.

"What, I don't understand?" Rosie said.

Shannon looked up at her and said, "You're a free woman."

"You mean, are you saying...?" Rosie was shaking as she looked at Shannon almost as though she was afraid that the answer was not what she wanted to hear.

"Rose found your daughter. They're on the way over right now."

"...and he was really nice. All the other ones were yuckee. He gived me Spooky and told me he would find Santa and that Santa would bringed, oh sorry, I mean bring, Mr. Danny told me that was the wrong word, back to you. So anyway he let me keep him and now he's up to J. He has treats but if we run out we can get more right? Is my room still the same? Oh, and I don't want to talk to Uncle David any more cause he is yuckee. Big big time yuckiee. Mr Danny lived in LA. I can show you where that is on the globe if you want. Oh and if you don't know what a globe is I can tell you. It's a ball but you can't bounce it cause it breaks. Anyway after I learned that Mr. Danny got me a new globe and a globe is a ball that has pictures of places on it. I can show you where we live and where Mr. Danny lived and that's called geograly or something like that but I'm really smart to know any of that cause you learn that stuff in like the third grade. Do you gonna live with us Rose or just come visit? Either way is good but I think you should live with us. Oh mama can we order a pizza? I want pizza. I haven't had pizza for a lot, lot, lot of days. It's my favorite Rose. Do you like Pizza Rose? Mama likes pizza but I don't know if Spooky does. Oh, oh I know what else, can I watch Little Mermaid when we get to home? Are we almost home yet cause I gotta go potty."

When she finally stopped Rosie and Rose looked at each other and began to laugh.

"What?" Harley asked from the back seat.

David sat across the table from the detective who was interrogating him. He had yet to say a word to the officer and had no intention of doing so.

"Okay, so you're going to make this difficult I see. Look, David, you're in a lot of trouble here. Do you know how much?"

"I ain't worried about it. I got my lawyer on the way."

"Fair enough, but I think you might want to look in that phone book there and see if you can't find a couple more numbers."

"And why is that? I already gave you the number for my lawyer, and I want to talk to him. No one else, just him."

"Well you see David, there's a small problem with that. At this very minute he's en route here, but it's not to see you. He's been placed under arrest with about, oh I don't know, Grace, what's that warrant count up to now?" he asked the young woman who was busily typing away on her keyboard.

"Seventeen," she answered. "And that's only from the first hour of video."

David looked up, his smirk slowly disappearing. "What video?" he asked.

"That, Mr. Spaughton, would be the video we recovered from the house where you had stashed you four year old niece," he answered, unable to keep the disgust from his voice. The detective then hit the call button on his desk and asked the person on the other end to bring the cage in. "Does this look familiar to you Mr. Spaughton?"

David looked at the cage, not a hint of his smirk remained and he didn't say a word.

"Well, does it?" the officer repeated.