The Runaway Mate

**Unedited**

Chapter One - The Runaway Mate.

It has been a year since I saw Luke and each day I find it harder and harder to forget him. At first, I could just place him at the back of my mind and forget he was my mate. Then one day I saw a picture of him in the newspaper with his hand around this woman and I felt my heart snap in half. I have no idea why I felt that way, especially as I was the one running away from him, though that picture, they both looked at each other. They looked so completely in love and that broke me. I think the jealousy got the better of me and it made me feel utterly ashamed of myself.

For the past year, I have been staying at a local seacoast where it was extremely peaceful. It was a perfect place to stay and the good thing about this town. No TV and no newspaper. That means that if Luke would ever get married with this new woman I would never know about it. I still speak to my family now and again, but the speaking got a little less when Megan decided to cheat on her mate. Megan met this human in a nightclub nearly six months ago and she fell for him hard. Once Megan did the deed with this person, the mating between Davis and Megan was over not that, she minded I think deep down, the mating bond it was forced on them. It was more of a lust factor than love.

I sat down on the beach when I lay flat on my back looking up at the sky, my mind drifted back to him. I just keep telling myself to resist the mating bond forget that it is even there, even though it is extremely hard because I keep thinking about my werewolf side. I know she would miss him if I haven't had lost her. I on the other hand is just trying to forget him the best way I can. Forget the painful memory of me screaming in pain as I lost my werewolf side.

I heard voices approaching me and I could tell they were werewolf's, "I couldn't believe it, he's here." I sat up and I looked around the beach when I saw the two young teens run off giggling to themselves. That is when I heard the screams and excitement I stood up and I walked towards it. As the noise went louder, I held my fingers in my ears as the noise nearly killed my ears. Just then, the music led to a woman dancing on the table and men dirty dancing with other women.

I moved beside an older woman "Disgusting this is a small town and these bloody idiots comes and completely ruined our town," She stormed off and I could not help but admit she had a fair point. I pushed myself away from the crowd and I was heading back to the B & B where I was staying in. I closed the door as I entered.

"Hello Mrs. D," I said when the older women with grey hair and dark thick frames came downstairs. She was ill so I help around the B & B. She offered to half my rent for helping, but I declined. I wanted to help her and in this day and age, we need all the help we can get.

"Hello dear, we got a busy week next week." Mrs. D said when I nodded.

"Well, I will be here to help," I said when she smiled at me as she walked off before I caught her saying what a lovely girl I was.

I walked into my bedroom as I closed the door. I heard heavy breathing. I turn around and jumped when I saw Megan holding one hand over her heart. "What are you doing here?" I asked. When she turned at me crying her eyes out. I run up to her, I embraced her with a hug in which she cried harder, "Hey what is wrong?" I asked.

"Father is angry at me because Elijah isn't talking to him and mum well she is also annoyed with me. She said I was selfish," Megan said as she jumped on my bed sulking. I sat beside her and she flicks her fringe from her eyes.

"What about Davis?" I asked when she sighed.

"He said I rejected him, but I didn't, I fell for someone else I didn't do it on purpose." I rolled my eyes at her this time. Rejecting a mate, it is against the rules of the Werewolf Kingdom; she knows this but chooses to ignore it.