Chapter 9

"Mommy?!" Jacob said after opening Kate's apartment door and saw his mother. "Hey Jacob." Natalia walks in and look at every inch of the apartment. "Hmmm. Small but liveable." Jacob close the door and turn around. "You're alone? Where's mom?" He ask.

"Mom went to Europe for a business meeting. I'm here because Kate and you call." Natalia sat down on the couch and cross her legs. She reach for her phone and text her wife. She promise she will when she had arrived. "I'll get Kate and the others. They're having some sisterly bonding time."

Natalia nod.

Minutes later Kate hug her mother from behind and was glad to see her really did come. "Thank you." Natalia patted her daughter's hands and turn around to see Kate's face were covered in something green. "You didn't get those all over my dress right?"

Natalia joke. They laugh.

"So Kate, I've talk to your mom about helping those kids, we agreed on a perfect amount together." Natalia reach for her handbag and let Kate look at the cheque herself. Her eyes widen when she look upon the cheque. She look up to her mother.

"Seriously?!" Natalia nod. "It's the first time we heard Jacob beg before." Kate wasn't sure if she heard this right. "Jacob?!" She turn to her brother who act as if he's busy in the kitchen. "What did Jacob said to you?" Kate ask while her eyes still on him.

"He said 'mommy you have to help these kids. They are so adorable and they need our help to survive. Please mommy I beg you. Please help.' I can't seems to forget every word coming from his mouth during the call." Jacob blushed hard.

Kate stood up and went to her brother. "It's not that hard to confess about your real feelings towards the kids. Isn't that right Vanessa?" Kate ask. Vanessa walk out of the room and nod. "Yea. Just admit it and everyone will never mention about it anymore."

The girls waited for Jacob to admit it by the kitchen counter. Jacob can feel their eyes were like dagger behind him. "Fine!" Jacob turn around and so does Natalia. "I admit it! I love kids. Okay. Happy?! I can't wait to have my own someday. And you.." he pointed to Vanessa.

"Will have to give me 5.." Vanessa's eyes widen. "No no.. 10 kids!" Jacob laugh at Vanessa's expression. "I am not a baby factory you know." Natalia chuckle. "Just get married now before you both turn to 30. Give me lots of grandkids." Natalia interrupt. Kate laugh.

"Why are you laughing Kate? That includes you." Now it's Jacob turn to laugh at her. "I can't imagine Kate being pregnant. It must be so cute to have her waddle like a penguin." Jacob joke. That earn a punch on his chest from Kate.

"I do not waddle. I'll be a supermodel while pregnant." Vanessa chuckle. "And Cathleen will have an absolute time to pamper you. I mean you in your period, god bless. I can only imagine you being pregnant. I bet everything will be so sensitive." Vanessa added.

"Speak for yourself. You can't even go separated away from me on your period." Jacob said. They all stop talking when Natalia stood up from the couch. "I want to know about Bert's situation. Is he capture?" Jacob shake his head.

"No mommy. He's still walk as a free man in this town." Natalia sit on the kitchen stool. "How are you sure he's in town still?" She ask. "I ask the guys to close the main road. And the illegal road that connected to the outside world. There's no sign of him. Well except if he took the liberty to do some plastic surgery."

"He stole $100k from me and your mother Jacob. Your mother was pissed to the core. Do something about it." Kate and Vanessa look at each other. "Mommy, he rape Kate's love interest." Jacob added and look up to his sister. "He did?!" Natalia turn her daughter.