Chapter 8

"All you need to do when you meet these snobs is to smile. Like literally. Smile all night. Yes they will mention about your origins and how poor you are. Yes, they will trash talk about you. But that doesn't mean you can't fight for yourself." Vanessa said while Benjamin listen to her.

"Just trust whatever she said. She's been into those type of parties all her life while dating me." Jacob lifted his glass of red wine and smile. That didn't make Benjamin feel any better. It just made him feel more nervous. Vanessa grab some candy on the table and threw it to Jacob.

"Hey.. listen to me. Only focus on me. I'll help you. Okay?" Benjamin nod. "Good. Now, do you see this table arrangement? This is how it will looks like in that party. But it also depends on what type of party. This is the basic of it." Vanessa said and slap Marshall's hand from picking up another grape fruit.

"Jesus.." Marshall rub his hand. Kate pull him back. "Don't interrupt her when she's being serious." Kate warned him.

"Now. Get your elbows off the table. Sit straight. Don't slouch." Benjamin did as told. "Now, every dish will be out accordingly. Meaning, you will use the utensil prepared from the outside to the inside." Benjamin nod.

"Now that we done with table manners. Do you know how to dance?" Benjamin shake his head. Vanessa turn to her boyfriend. "Hey big boy, your turn." Jacob turn with his mouth full of spaghetti and swallow it down.  He wipe his mouth and went to Benjamin.

"Get up." Benjamin did and stand in front of Jacob.

"First of all, listen to the songs that is being play. If it's a perfect time for a little dance with your lady, go for it. Offer your hand to her, make full eye contact with her. Ask her if she would like to dance, but try to make your request in a way that is true to yourself."

Jacob offer his hand to Vanessa with a smile plastered on his face. "Ask her, may I have this dance and bow your head a little." Jacob bow and wait for Vanessa's respond. Vanessa place her hand on Jacob's hand.

"It's important that you respect her decision, no matter the outcome. Just as it was difficult for you to ask, it will likely be difficult for her to refuse and hurt your feelings. If you notice hesitation, try to be graceful, and never force yourself on your partner."

Kate and the others watch Jacob and Vanessa teaching Benjamin. Kate smile at Benjamin and waited. Benjamin look at her and Jacob back and forth. "Offer your hand dummy." Jacob said. Benjamin quickly offer his hand nervously.

Kate place her hand on Benjamin's and bow a little. "Hold out your hand to escort her to the dance floor. Wait until she takes your hand, walking slightly ahead of her to lead her to your spot on the floor." Jacob said as he did the same.

"Don't be nervous." Kate smile.

Benjamin nod and did as told. "When you arrive at your dance spot, turn to her and place your hands on her hips. She should put her hands either on your shoulders or interlace her hands together behind your neck." Vanessa smile and place her hand on Jacob's shoulder.

Kate on the other hand, interlace her hands behind Benjamin's neck. This caught Cathleen's attention entirely. "Lead the dance gradually. Lead or follow the leading partner." Jacob lead and Vanessa follows.

"This will give your dancing a more coordinated look, and is simple to perform. Keeping your feet largely stationary, shift your weight back and forth to sway with your partner." Kate smile and follow Benjamin's steps.

Cathleen cross her hands on her chest and watch them thoroughly. She can't shake the feeling of being jealous over her brother.

"Don't forget to make eye contact. Sharing such closeness can be a vulnerable and exciting experience. Show her she has your undivided attention by looking deeply into her eyes, or leaning forward and telling her something sweet."