Chapter Two

A few years have passed since then. Today, I am waiting for school to start. It's only 7:10 A.M. I have five minutes to go until the first day of my senior year. I look at my schedule and head to first period. Thinking about how every school starts, with that sort of feeling inside of you. I remember I have no friends at this school. They all but...walked on their different paths. At the end of the hall, my classroom seems like it's isolated from the rest of the school. I sit in a seat right before the bell rings. Just in time, I guess. A girl walked in, and sat in the chair next to me. She was wearing blue jeans with holes scattered up and down her legs and a black t-shirt which had the band The Devil Wears Prada on it. Her red hair seemed like waves of flames that hit just at her shoulders and her eyes like swirls of brown chestnuts.  

        She looked over at me and said, "Hi, my name is Alexandria."

        I mumbled, "I'm Naminé."

        She shook my hand and said, "Nice to meet you."

        She gave me a warm smile. It made my whole body ice cold. She seemed different than all the rest. She wasn't nervous around me, she seemed like she... actually wanted to be my friend. The teacher finally came in and introduced herself. She called herself Mrs. Anderson. Today, we just introduced ourselves to the class even though it was History. Everyone looked very unfamiliar.  

        The day seemed to go by so fast.  

        At lunch, I looked around where to sit. As I scanned the area, I could see Alexandria was waving at me. I sat down next to her and looked at the other people there. Alexandria motioned her hands at a boy about eighteen.  

        She said, "This is Jake."  

        He looked up at me with amazing sea green eyes as he moved his black hair out of his eyes. Before he could say anything, two girls showed up and sat next to Jake. I looked at one of the girls with blonde bangs and black hair. Alexandria introduced her as Brooke. Brooke was fairly attractive, just like the rest of Alexandria’s friends seemed to be. She stood at a tall six feet and had a smile one would die to see.

        The girl next to Brooke, smiled at me and said, "I'm Riley."

        I smiled back as I noticed her dark blue hair, her bangs just above her solid blue eyes. She was smaller than Brooke. Her smaller frame looked right with her five feet two inches. Alexandria looked at me and said, "Aww, Erik isn't here today. You'll have to meet him tomorrow."

        “I’m excited then!” I replied and laughed.

        “So are you new here or what?” Brooke asked, giving me her winning smile.

        “Not really. I’ve always lived here but we moved to this side of the city. They had to put me in this district, so obviously all my friends went to different schools.”

        “Ah, that’s sad. Did they go far or stay in the same place?”

        “Some went far and some stayed. It’s kind of weird being on this side of the city. I hardly recognize anyone at all. It’s weird that just two sides of a city can be so different.”

        Riley pitched in, “We’ve always been here so we know tons of people! We can help you out.”

        “Well, that helps. It’s kind of scary being a loner in a new school but it’s okay now that I have all your help!”

        Alexandria smiled and hugged me.

        After that, the day seemed to pass before my eyes. Before I knew it, I was already home.

       I looked up at my new home, examining the colors. The address was 85001 Via Viejo. The house looked unfamiliar. White paint splattered all over it. It looked boring. I walked inside to the tan walls. I sighed, remembering the old house. My mom heard, and came into the living room where I was. She smiled and hugged me.  

        "How was your day, honey?"

        I replied, "Good, I made new friends."

        She smiled again, "That's great, sweetie. I'll call you when dinner is done, okay?”

        "Kay, mom.”

       I walked up the twelve stairs to my bedroom. I tossed my silver and blue checkered backpack in the corner and walked to my stereo. The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria, and my Slipknot CD's were all sitting on my dresser. I put all of them in and jumped on my bed. "Outnumbered" by The Devil Wears Prada came on. I smiled and laid down, staring at the blood red walls. I thought about all the new friends I had made. Jake was sweet but shy. Brooke seemed to be the funny one of the group. Riley was nice and caring. I started to wonder what Erik was like when I remembered Alexandria had mentioned a third boy, Danny. I wondered what they looked like and what their personalities were like. A text interrupted my thoughts. I grabbed my phone and looked at the text. It was from Alexandria! I forgot I gave her my number in first period. It said,

        Hey, Naminé. It's Alexandria. Just making sure I got the right number.

        I pressed the 'reply' button. I said,

        Oh, hey! Yeah, you got the right number.

        A few minutes passed. Another text.

        Well, I have to go now. I just texted you to say hi and make sure I got the right number. See you tomorrow, bye. (:

        I put my phone down and smiled. I was glad Alexandria was my friend. I heard a new song come on my stereo. "Not an American Average" by Asking Alexandria. I laughed. I loved this song.  Next thing I knew, I started to doze off.

****

       I stood on a hill, looking down. The town looked peaceful and quiet. I soon felt a sharp pain in my hand.  I looked down at it to see a knife with blood on my palm. I let the blood drip onto the grass I was standing on. I looked at the town again. It looked too beautiful. Dim lights lit the streets. It all seemed like a dream. I started to walk down the hill to a familiar house... my house. I saw my bitchy neighbor, the one who always gave me dirty looks for no reason, sleeping in her bed. I finally realized this was a dream. I saw a man at the end of my street. I walked closer, trying to see who it was. He looked oddly familiar. He stood there, staring at me. As I got fairly close, I saw deep stab wounds all over his body. "You brat!" He sneered. I stared blankly. I had heard those words somewhere... I gasped as I remembered that night. He ran towards me. In that instant, I screamed, making myself wake up out of the dream. I jumped up, panting. That man... Why had he been in my dream... four years later?

        I sat up for a while before getting a drink of water and calming myself down. I felt that feeling coming back. I knew what I must do. I pulled a jacket on and grabbed an object from under my bed. It felt so familiar in my hands and I enjoyed feeling the edges. I tiptoed stealthily and quietly to the front room. I opened the door as inaudible as I could, stepping outside to see the dim lit street, just like in my dream. I shut the door and grinned evilly.