Chapter Nine

"Not guilty,"  the jury had concluded.

        I sighed a sigh of relief and smiled at Mr. Scott.

        "Thank you so much!  You're such a great lawyer."

        "No problem."  He looked taken off guard, like he wasn't expecting my sudden thank you.

        I laughed a little and walked out of the courtroom.  Shane and my parents were waiting for me outside.  

        We got into the car and my mom asked, "Why the hell would they suspect you? You wouldn't kill a fly!"

        "I don't know, mom. They probably just thought I did since I was the last person to be with her."

        Shane looked over at me and smiled.

        "I'm really glad they found you not guilty."

        "Yeah, I am too!"  I smiled back.

        He leaned over to me and whispered,

        "Promise me something?"

        "Sure, what is it?"

        "Promise that you'll never ever kill again..."

        I looked at him for a brief moment.  I caught the pain in his eyes before it flickered to seriousness.

        "I promise."

        He smiled and kissed my cheek again.

        "Thank you."

****

        We reached my house and Shane went into my room. I gave him a puzzling look before sitting on my bed next to him.

        "What? I thought we could watch a movie. I really don't want to go to sleep yet."

        It was only eight; I couldn't blame him.

        He got up and put in Battle: Los Angeles in.

        "I love this movie!"  I said with a smile.

        He laughed, "Yeah, I know."

        He leaned against the wall. 

        We weren't really watching the movie, we were just talking.

        "Were you scared?"

        "No, I was so happy that I almost went to prison. You know, because I really like that kind of stuff."

        I looked at him with a sarcastic look on my face.

        "I was just asking, gosh," He pretended to be hurt but I saw him trying to fight a smile.

        I punched him in the arm lightly.

        "Don't ask dumb questions," I laughed.

        He looked at me for a little, with a goofy grin on his face.

Shane's P.O.V.

        I stared at her for a little bit.

        She's so pretty.

        I never really noticed it before. Well, I mean, I did but... I didn't want to really say anything, you know? It'd be kind of weird, I guess. Not to mention, she didn't really seem like she liked me. I didn't even know if she liked anyone else.

        As I stared at her, I realized I had a stupid grin on my face. I blushed a little before giving her a hug.

        She didn't move until a few seconds later. She hugged back then pulled back and looked at me.

        "What was that for?"

        "I don't know, I just wanted a hug." I rubbed the back of my neck. "I'm sorry."

        She giggled and hugged me again, tighter this time.

        "It's okay. That's what I'm here for!"

        God, how I wanted to kiss her right now.

        No.

        Bad Shane.

        I can't think that. This is bad.

        I kept hugging her though. It was as if I couldn't move. I was paralyzed in this position.

        "Hey, Naminé?" I barely squeaked it out.

        She looked at me with her stunning blue eyes, a smile still on her face.

        "Hmm?"

        I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly again, not really sure of what to say next.

        "Um..." I paused, "What's your favorite color?"

        Wow, great thinking. You're super smart, Shane!

        "Black and blue, yours?" She replied, giving me a bit of a weird look. She had re-painted her room a few months back to blue because she loved the color, obviously. No shit that was her favorite color. I could have thought up a better question.

        "Grey."

        "That's nice," She laughed a little, sensing the awkwardness.

        I stared at her again. I just couldn't peel my eyes off of her. She was so fucking beautiful!

        Shit, thinking those thoughts again...

        Whatever, fuck it.

        I couldn't help myself.  I leaned close and kissed her lips.

        I was surprised when she didn't pull away, but I could feel she was a little taken back. She did, however, kiss back though. Pressing and moving against my lips. I pulled her closer, and deepened the kiss, putting my hand on the back of her neck.

        Before we could go any further, the door flew open.

        Fuck...