Chapter 3

Five months later

Dressed in a black two piece bathing suit Emma sat on a bench waiting for her aunt while she watched some children build sand castles. Soon she will be watching hers build theirs, she couldn’t wait. The part of beach she was on wasn’t crowded and she was glad she had come on a Tuesday when most people were busy working. Another part of the beach some distance away she could see a large group of people with cameras and microphones, probably some celebrity trying to unsuccessfully to keep a low profile because this was a local beach and they don’t come here much. She was suppose to meet Kelly here over half hour but it look like she wasn’t going to make it and she had stupidly left her phone.

Sighing she caressed her huge stomach and smiled. The past few month for her were an incredible experience, well she could have done without all those mornings of morning sickness and throwing up. Leaving home to live in California was one of the best decisions she had ever made, well it was not like she had a choice, but she was glad she came here. She didn’t let herself think about why she had to leave, not about… stop right there…he doesn’t matter, he doesn’t know where you are. Think about being safe so you can carry on with your pregnancy. She shook her head to remove the disturbing thoughts.

Her life was full; she had everything, well except a father for her…she shut that thought out before she could complete it. It didn’t do her nerves well when she thought of Jonas Malino, because of him she had stop reading magazines all together. She had felt extremely jealous when she saw him with a different woman on his arm almost every week and she didn’t care to admit why she was jealous. It had been tough enough to admit she was jealous in the first place.

“Hey. Sorry I’m late. Wow you’re in a two piece, your glowing but aren’t you uncomfortable exposed like that?” Kelly asked as she placed her beach bag on the bench. Her children kissed Emma and ran off at full speed.

 “They could barley wait to get in the water. And yes I’m comfortable with this suit, if celebs can show off there bump why cant I?” they laughed together. They relaxed on the seat for a while after they unpacked the food. Emma snatched pieces of bite size donuts and stuffed her mouth with it. She laughed when Kelly scowled at her.

“There’s something I want to talk to you about,” Kelly started.

 “Ok. What’s up?”

 “Don’t get mad ok, but don’t you think Mr. Malino has a right to know he’s going to be a father?”

Emma stiffens then sighed and said “Your right. He has a right to know but I’m not going to tell him. Neither of us planned to have a child together and I won’t have him reject my child, a child he doesn’t want. If I tell him he’s going to feel like I want something from him, I wont be a burden to anyone and I wont be an obligation he as to meet.” Emma finished. She really didn’t want to talk about this.

Kelly pressed on “I think you’re just being stubborn. You don’t know what he’s like. What about when they grow up and want to know about there father? Are you just going to lie and say he ran out on them when you know that’s not true? Every child needs a father Emma.”

Standing up, Emma began to pace feeling angry with every step. “Can’t you understand? Someone like him doesn’t need kids in his life, he’s too busy sleeping with every woman in California,” she frowned at that “I’m not going to tie him down and as I said before, I’m not going to be a burden to anyone.” She finally sat down taking deep breaths to calm herself.

“I’m sorry Emma. I didn’t mean to get you so upset. You know I just want the best for you; I want you to be happy and not be alone in this. Of course you can always count on us but…” she stopped and sighed. She didn’t want to upset her anymore. “Alright, we’ll talk about this some other time.” She hugged her and kissed her on the cheek