Chapter 52

'Is it positive?' Emma asked from the bathroom door, biting her nails in sheer nervousness. Her aunt too up the evil stick and frowned before she smiled. 'It's negative? Oh thank heavens...' Emma sighed glad she wasn’t pregnant again and her lightheadedness, nausea and her tender breast had nothing to do with conception. She hadn't had her period but the doctor had said it would probably take a while to come back. Well she had it once then it had stop but the doctor said that was okay too. So she wasn’t worried about that. She’d hate to think that that she’d have to pay for that again.

'No Emma...'

'What do you mean no? It has to be.' she grabbed the stick from Kelly and read it herself. She also read the other three before she dumped them all into the bin. Okay don't freak out! Don't. Freak. Out she chanted but all she wanted to do was scream. How in the hell had she fallen right back into this situation. 'Well... shit.' her eyes stung with tears but she refused to let them fall. Her aunt took her in her arms and just held her.

What was she to do now? She and Jonas hadn't spoken a word to each other since they had that fight two weeks ago. When he visits she just left him with the girls. As if she wasn't already tied to him, now she was even more so.

'It was that stupid day, when I went to pack my things. I never should have let him touch me...' she cursed running a hand through her hair, regret pooling in her stomach ‘What am I going to do, three kids? What if its twins again… Oh God…’ she could feel the panic setting in and she wanted to just curl up and pretend like it never happened.

Kelly started shaking her ‘Calm down hun…’ she took a couple deep breathes before her heart rate calmed down. Her aunt smile at her and it reassured her somewhat Besides look at the bright side, you will have another Elle and Elizabeth.'

Emma smiled a watery smile just for her aunt’s benefit. She wasn't happy about being pregnant again but there was nothing she could do.

How the hell had this happen? Now she had to worry about telling Jonas. God, what was she going to do?

'Come on you haven't been out in a while. Mom wants you to be there,' Arlene said trying to convince her to go to a party. Emma stare at the excitement and the way Arlene was jumping up and down with Elle.

'Be careful with her!' Emma scowled afraid she might drop her daughter. Not knowing the dangers, Elle was laughing like crazy while her sister sat cuddling between pillows on a love seat. She looked content just watching.

Emma shook her head at Elzbeth, she was definitely the sensible one 'Come on Emma, it will be fun!'

She was trying to get her to go to a party Hanna was hosting at her home. Apparently it’s a tradition among the family where the elite went. Emma wasn't so sure about going because she didn't want to see Jonas any more than necessary. All she’d been able to think about for the last two weeks was the positive test and all she had was simply left him with the twins. He had simply put off her behavior as her still being pissed off. 'Besides Jonas is on a business trip.'

Emma knew that but still, she didn't want to chance it. What of he came home early, it was a family tradition after all. But then again, Jonas was a workaholic and he didn't come home to his wife and children so she doubt a party could draw him out. Knowing that Arlene wouldn’t give up she nodded 'Fine, I'll come but I'm not staying late.'

'Yes! You love that don't you Elle? You and your sister get to go to your first party!' Emma shook her head and went to take Elle from her. If she let her baby fall she will no doubt kill Arlene. 'I got the perfect dress!' She was out of the room in seconds.