Chapter 1

“It’s your birthday have a little fun for a change,” her best friend Kate said. They had come to a local bar to celebrate her twenty second birthday, ok Kate had forced her to come and celebrate. Emma would have been fine staying home and watching a movie like she did every year with lots of junk food. The only reason she had given in was because she was leaving in a couple of days, so why not?

She could have done without the hooker dress she was wearing, though she must admit, it made her look and feel sexy. It was a hot black, strapless dress that was like a second skin and stopped in the middle of her thighs. It made her legs look longer and fit perfectly with her curves. She didn’t particular like being expose like this and being stared at by guys she knew and those she didn’t.

They were seated at the bar now and Kate was getting ready to go dance with her boyfriend “Kate your hair and make-up looks fine. But you seriously you can’t leave me here alone, you’re the one who pulled me out here in the first place,” Emma protested for the last time-she hoped. She suddenly felt like a piece of meat thrown to a pack of wolves. She stared at her as she twist a brown lock around a finger finely thinking it alright she let it go and looked around. “What are you looking for?”

“Someone for you to dance with,” she said distractedly

“Don’t-”

“One’s coming up now. Bye,” she ran of before Emma could say anything. Sighing heavily she turned around and sure as hell there was a guy coming toward her. He wasn’t really tall, he had brown hair, brown eyes and a full mouth. She was suddenly disgusted when she saw the first place he looked when he was in front of her was her chest. Groaning inwardly she couldn’t wait to get out of there.

“Hi, you look totally hot. I’m Kevin by the way. Would you like to dance?” he whispered in her ear even though the music really wasn’t that loud, it was just an alternative rock song.

"No,'' Emma said flatly, disgusted at man. He grossed her out. Sighing she said a little calmer “I’m waiting on my boyfriend and he’s really jealous so…” She watched he frowned and walked away. She didn’t feel any guilt for the little lie she had just told. The rest of the evening past by slowly, Emma had turn down a couple of guys but had dance with some. It was nice. She was seated at one of the tables now in another section where it weren’t too crowded and the offers were still coming in but the heels she got on was killing her so she declined her admirers with a smile.

“Excuse me, miss,” she looked up to see a young waiter “The gentleman over there in the corner said to give you a this” When the waiter place the dirty martini in front of her and point to where the gentleman was sitting he scampered off. Since the one she was drinking was finish she took the glass up in a silent cheer and thanks to the man in the corner.

She found him staring at her and she couldn’t help but stare back. Wow. He was gorgeous. She felt something tingle as he stared at her with dark eyes that seem to strip her naked and look into her soul. She can’t recall ever seeing such a handsome man. His hair appears to be coal black; she took in his beautiful eyes, his lips, and nose. She couldn’t take her eyes off him; it was like she was hypnotized.

Jonas Malino has been staring at the lady in black for the passed half hour. Studying her long black hair that was drop around one shoulder, her beautiful face, her eyes-he couldn’t tell the colour from where he was sitting when she would look at him occasionally. Her lips where just begging to be kissed, that were meant to be savored like some delicious fruit. He had frown at every man who had approached her and had fight the urge to rip them off her when she danced with some. He sighed heavily and ran a hand through his already messy hair.

He had never felt this magnetism to a woman before, It was like she was pulling him in and he didn’t like it one bit. At the age of twenty-seven, he had had his share of women, so bedding this one shouldn’t be feeling any different. He reminded himself that he came here to relax and smiled wickedly. It’s been a while since he’d had sex-too busy with work- and decided not to let his tiredness get in the way tonight. She was staring at him again and he smiled sexily at her. If she ever knew what he was thinking she’d probably run from the bar.