Chapter 54

They were taking things slow. Really slow. Emma had set up conditions for their reunion and Jonas was fine with it all. He enjoyed wooing his girl, enjoyed getting to know her even more and most of all enjoyed earning back her trust. If she told him to jump he would ask how high, that was how devoted he was to being with her again. He had known lost, he had known what he feared the most: losing Emma. It wasn’t love he was afraid of, it was losing his life mate.  And he'd rather walk through thousands of prickled needles than to go through that again. There were things for physical pain but non for emotional one. None for the gaping hole in his chest until she'd said the words. Even though he was on probation he was just damn happy that things weren't over between them.

Nearly a month has passed into their new relationship. They went on dates, numerous dinner dates to restaurants, lunches one to the beach or neighboring parks. It was all great and Jonas used his influence to make everything possible for them. But most specially, he had taken her dancing. She loved dancing.

He bought her flowers a lot. No jewelry because he knew she wasn't a bling fan. But most important he rearranged his who business schedule so he could visit her at her house for dinner and made sure all his traveling was reduced to him being away for only one night.

He had a family and it was long overdue to realize that he couldn't stay away like he used to. God he loved them, his wife and his beautiful daughters. He lived and breathes for them. Fixing his tie he looked up at her house. Jonas loved her house, it was small and cozy, unlike his home. It ring of silence and loneliness and he dread going back every night.

Nervousness settle in his stomach, here he was standing outside of her house with flowers ready for another date with her. Arlene was babysitting tonight so he was taking her a ball Marcus was keeping. He felt his palm get a little sweaty- which was ridiculous. Why the hell was he so nervy anyway? Sometimes he didn't recognize this person, he was supposed to be confident and in control. With Emma though, everything was different, in a good way. Steeling himself, he walked up to the small porch and knocked.

He expected to find her dressed in an elegant gown, with her hair combed to perfection. This was not that. She opened the door looking miserable in sweats and a big T shirt. Her face looked slightly puffy and red and her eyes look swollen.

Jonas threw down the flowers and went and scooped her up in his arms. He carried her bridal style into the living room, sitting down with her in his lap. 'Tell me what wrong baby,' he coaxed looking down at her face.

'I’m fine... I'm just feeling lousy.' she muttered. Her bottom lip was trembling.

'Come on Emma, this doesn't seem like nothing...'

'I said I'm fine. What do you want from me?!'

'Emma...' she jumped from his lap and glared at him. Okay he was totally confused. What was going on here?

'Why are you being so nice? I'm supposed to hate you and you were supposed to fail at gaining my trust. Instead you are acting... this is your entire fault! Now get out!' Jonas stared at her in surprise. She walked off and left him, a second later her bedroom door slammed.

Sighing he took his jacket off, and relax back in the cushion. He wasn't leaving; when she cooled down he will talk to her again and see what her problem is.

An hour later, he was drinking a beer and watching a little TV. To keep his mind of the frustrating woman in the next room he took out his phone 'Hey Arlene, how are the girls?'

'They are fine, actually sleeping.'

Jonas smile and not having much to talk about he ended the call. Thinking Emma had calmed down enough he went and opened the door. 'Knock next time will you!' She snapped, a little irritated.