Chapter 27

Chapter 27

>Shelby’s POV< 

Shelby was sitting by the pond, enjoying the peace and quiet. The kit was running around, playing in the long grass that patched its way to the pond. With the toe of her boot she pushed the hilt of her throwing knife so that the blade sank into the dirt some more.

Fang and Sharpclaws were out looking for Albert and Daniel still. Shelby feared that the two of them would never be coming back. More for Simon and Aaron, Shelby wanted, Simon more, to be happy. She had nothing against Aaron, but she didn’t know him very well.

Some heavy footfalls came from behind her, grabbing another throwing knife she held it, readying for whoever was coming. A howl rang out behind her, then some panting as the wolf approached her. She was never good at telling who it was, so she stuck her knife up, showing it to the wolf. The wolf growled a bit and lowered, tensing up.

“Turn into your human form,” Shelby reached for another knife, just to be safe.

“All you had to say was that you didn’t want to be bothered,” Seth said with a laugh as he changed out of his wolf form.

“I can’t your kind apart,” Seth laughed more.

“If it wasn’t for their scents, then I wouldn’t either,” Shelby held up the knife again.

“Back off wolf boy,” Seth tilted his head like a dog. “Don’t sniff my ass.” That brought on another bought of laughter from the boy.

“We don’t do that, I could smell you all the way from the tree line,” Shelby got up and looked him in the eyes.

“That’s creepy.”

“Not my fault, its just my heightened sense of smell,” Shelby nodded her head. “So why are you out here all alone?”

“The kit is with me, he’s playing in the long grass,” Seth nodded his head and laid down on the grass. “Why are you out here?”

“I want to be, I went for a quick run then smelled that you were here so I stopped here and decided to join you."

Shelby didn’t answer but walked over to the pond and sat down, letting her legs hang over, into the water. Seth eventually followed her and sat beside her. A loud growl came from behind them, Shelby looked behind her to see Ambit growling at them, he approached the two of them,

“Ambit why are you growling?” Shelby asked, Ambit walked closer to them, still growling. “Ambit?” Shelby looked up at him, Ambit was glaring at Seth, who didn’t seem to notice. Ambit lounged forwards and grabbed the smaller wolf by the neck, hoisting him up.

“Stay away from Shelby,” he growled out, Seth squirmed a bit in the bigger wolf’s grip, letting out a whimper.

“Ambit stop, we were only talking, if that,” Ambit glanced at her, then back at Seth, he shook him then dropped him suddenly, standing over him. Shelby smacked Ambit on the arm then went to help Seth up.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“He’s just protective over you,” a new voice said, Shelby and Ambit turned to look at him. “So he feels threatened by any other male that comes near you.”

“Go away Zayne,” Ambit growled.

“I’m not going anywhere Ambit,” the boy moved his brown hair out of his face, revealing a pair of emerald eyes. Ambit growled louder. “Your growling doesn’t scare me."

“Go away,” Ambit approached Zayne.

“Zayne, remember that I’m in charge around here.”

“No, your just a beta, I’m an alpha,” Ambit stood taller, trying to intimidate Ambit.