Chapter 23

Chapter 23

>Albert’s POV<

It had been a while since the incident at the pond. Fourteen days to be precise, only seven of those ago since Fang had the encounter with the ‘Odd human’ as he put it. Albert hasn’t been in a good mood in those two weeks, his and Simon’s relationship has taken a turn for the worse. That’s why he was wondering around the village, trying to think. Of course doing that was harder then he originally thought.

With the pack on high alert recently, its been hard to relax. From worrying about the impending zombie attack, to worrying about Simon if said attack does happen. So it was hard for him to concentrate with everyone running around. At one point he thought about taking flight, but he didn’t want to go to far.

As a few kids ran past him, shoving him, the flying thought came back into his mind. With a shrug he took flight, making a few people gasp and move away from him.

In the air he felt safe, he felt like he could actually breath and think. As he soared he noticed how his eye sight changed slightly, he could see farther. Is that what the being that took control of Fang meant? Did he have more of these abilities? Pondering this has taken up enough of his time already, all he knew was that he had to see what the cave of colours holds.

As he glided above the trees he noticed a small group of people, a group of five. The one in the middle looked nervous while the four surrounding him seemed to be talking and laughing with one another. Feeling in a playful mood he glided down on silent wings. Albert landed in a tree close by.

“Alright now stay here, we’ll be watching and waiting for them to come, don’t fight them, we’ll save you,” one of them said.

“O-okay sir,” the one who looked nervous said. Albert now noticed that he was the smallest of the five. The four bigger ones walked away from with big smiles on their faces.

“What a fool,” on of them said.

“Ya, he’ll be killed for sure,” the four of them laughed and quickened their pace. How dare they! Albert thought with murderous intentions. He took flight quickly and landed in front of the foursome.

“Why did you leave your friend back there?” Albert asked watching the four of them.

“He’s an omega, not are friend,” another said with a scowl.

“Now get out of are way, they’ll be here soon,” Albert spread his wings and rested his hand on his sword.

“Who will be here soon?”

“The undead, and none of us are planning on sticking around,” he withdrew his sword.

“Oh yes you are, you will go back to your friend and save him,” they laughed confidently.

“No we won’t, why should we?”

“Cause you aren’t getting by any other way,” the four werewolves started to talk amongst themselves quickly.

“Fair enough,” Albert put his sword back in it’s sheath but kept his wings spread wide. They turned around and transformed into their wolf forms. Quickly running from Albert, he drew he sword back out and stomped over to where the so called ‘omega’ stood. When he got their the kid was whimpering quietly while a bunch of zombies were moving closer.

In a swift movement he drew his sword back and tossed it, sinking deep within on of them. Albert moved quickly and pulled his sword free of the body and slashed at another. The kid was only watching with his head down low.

Albert dispatched the small group with a few slashes of his blade. He sheathed the weapon and walked up to the kid, who looked a little younger then himself.